Ottoman civ

For those experiencing this problem, please unzip this file in your Warlords\Assets\Art\Leaderheads\MehmedII folder (overwrite existing files after backing up, and undo any XML changes you made to LeaderheadInfos.xml).

You should get Mehmed animated, hopefully without crashing. Let me know whether or not it works.

Okay, thanks... but is there a simple way to overwrite the changes we made to the LeaderHead info if we edited it to substitute Sid for Mehmed?

Well I didn't make the backup, but I changed the XML anyway and went ahead with it. Works perfect. Thanks so much!

Finally I can play the Ottomans with Mehmed as the leader (as opposed to Sid being the leader)! :goodjob:

alexman said:
For those experiencing this problem, please unzip this file in your Warlords\Assets\Art\Leaderheads\MehmedII folder (overwrite existing files after backing up, and undo any XML changes you made to LeaderheadInfos.xml).

You should get Mehmed animated, hopefully without crashing. Let me know whether or not it works.

Thank you very much, it fixed it! what did you do exactly? what
was the problem?

player1 fanatic said:
Either beg someone to mail you original file, or do a reinstall.

Well, now come on, it's really not THAT hard to merely change "Sid" back to "Mehmed" in a couple spots... If you didn't make a backup, just do the reverse of what you originally did... It's no harder than what you did the first time... ;)

Works great. Thanks alexman.

Those who used "my" fix (Post #36) just delete the file Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.XML (and the picture if you used it) in the Folder
My Files/My Games/Warlords/CustomAssets/XML/Art

Now you can play with animated Mehmed.

I too get a CTD trying to play Ottoman.

alexman's fix fixed it just fine. Thanks man! :)

i was just being needy, always do in relation to games......never want to miss out an opportunity to add to gameplay. Civ rules because of this

Pc brought this year downstairs ran ottoman fine so i spose i could use them files anyway.....again 'needy' sometimes even if to help others and not meaningling me ;)

but on this pc<my own around 3/4 years old ctd happened, though IM PRETTY SURE NOT ON 1st LOAD????? but how could that be?....anyway. awesome

I have Mehmed II in my current game and I don't experience the bug. I'm using ATI 9800.

My brother is also using a newer ATI card (forgot which one), and he doesn't see that bug neither.

Alexman: That worked a treat, thanks so much!!!

Yiha ! Thanks alexman ! Works really great !!!!! Also thanks to jko again for his bugfix in the meantime !

@lobster:

It's an issue with the nVidia Geforce4 MX cards only.

Imhotep

Top Bottom