Our Religion

croxis

Chat room op
We need a religion four our soon to be great nation. Thiscan be as light hearted or as serious as you guys want. I personally like the off-the wall approach. It would be best to not reference real life religions, or intergrate them into ours. Then I will be banned for starting a flame war, and that would be very sad.

And remember we haven't "discovered" mono or poly theology yet.

Remember to make small offerings of anchovies to the great purple fox every day!

Well, there's the War Church if you're interested. Our first tenet - to launch an Immortal Jihad on all our enemies as soon as we discover them within 'our lands'. :)

Yah, but what kind of god(s) do we worship? How do we worship them? What happens in a marriage ceremony? What is the name and how log is our holy book? (1654 pages, and 1653 are blank. On the last page is a big :p )

Originally posted by croxis
Yah, but what kind of god(s) do we worship?
The God of War, of course; need you ask? ;)

How do we worship them?
We shall invade other lands, capture many enemies, and sacrifice them on the altar for our almighty War God. :p The War God revels in the bloody destruction of all our enemies. :D

What happens in a marriage ceremony?
The usual I suppose.

What is the name and how log is our holy book? (1654 pages, and 1653 are blank. On the last page is a big :p )
Our Holy Book is a most puissant military treatise called the Art of War by Sun Zi, the almighty military strategist of old. We shall also aim to build the great construct - the Sun Zi's Art of War in honour of our patron saint. :)

Seriously, do we really need all these religious stuff and themes in the demo game? It doesn't add that much value to the game for me.

i disagree to you, mighty Knight-Dragon...

1.) the war-church religion the way you show it here conflicts with our foreign politics. this means we should at least have a alternative religion for the "peace-mongers" ;-)

2.) the demo game is more like a roll-playing than a strategy game. so we should support threads which build a strong relation between our civilization and the citizens (like war-church, news, religion, guilds etc.). this is the fun part of the demo game. without those "surrounding" threads not directly contributing to the civ3-game, you could just sit there and play civ3 for yourself.

3.) the art of war was not yet written for our civilization

well, knight-dragon got the author's name right. that counts for something.

You are being sarcastic right?
i mean ,i think that about every civ player know's it's Sun Tzu and not Sun Zi ,but then again i'm sure kd knew this.

Well ,i guess it's a strange concept ,that is a religion for the demo game.I am not opposed to it ,but it may be hard for me to stop worshipping my normal god ,that is Bääl (and his sidekick's Osiris&Apis).

But ok ,as long as i may be head of the inquisition. :lol:

NOBODY expects the Phoenatica Inquisition.... :crazyeye:

Originally posted by Cyc
In hanyu pinyin, the transliteration is Sun Zi. This is the one closer to the correct pronounciation.

The Sun Tzu you're all more familiar with is the older format.

I'm Chinese for god damn's sake. :mad: Tzu is very much the wrong prounounciation.

Like his treatise shld be called the Sun Zi bingfa. :rolleyes: You want to challenge me on Chinese Mandarin? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by disorganizer
i disagree to you, mighty Knight-Dragon...
I ain't not so mighty...... :)

1.) the war-church religion the way you show it here conflicts with our foreign politics. this means we should at least have a alternative religion for the "peace-mongers" ;-)
In the olden days at the older empire, there used to be. Wondering now when that guy is gonna come over and make my day. :D J/k.

2.) the demo game is more like a roll-playing than a strategy game. so we should support threads which build a strong relation between our civilization and the citizens (like war-church, news, religion, guilds etc.). this is the fun part of the demo game. without those "surrounding" threads not directly contributing to the civ3-game, you could just sit there and play civ3 for yourself.
Yep. But compared with the early days of the earlier game, the take-up rate this time is slow..... :(

3.) the art of war was not yet written for our civilization
The Holy Book has been prophesied! :D

I shall start the counter "CURRY" movement. Daily offerings shall be bestowed to the gods and the consecrated ambrosia can be partaken by devotees;)

Originally posted by marshalljames
I'll second the motion That"Chinese Takeaway"(takeout in N.A) be our religion.
Chinese food gives me allergic reactions. If we want to be historically accurate, then we should worship Baals. Baals are statues of winged dog-like animals that were sacred to Phonecians and other Canaanites in the 1st millenium bc.

Originally posted by napoleon526

Chinese food gives me allergic reactions. If we want to be historically accurate, then we should worship Baals. Baals are statues of winged dog-like animals that were sacred to Phonecians and other Canaanites in the 1st millenium bc.

You might want to see if you are allergic to MSG. But why would we want to be historically accurate? I'll go dice up some tofu for our great leader!

Top Bottom