Outer space?

Pobably, as there is a Sun, a Moon, and Ceridwen was first the Angel of the Stars. And you all know about the Constellations event ("Your astrologers report that X has moved into permanence. This constellation is the Symbol of Y and...").

But Erebus has a strange cosmology, since it's a plane, regardless of the many questions it raise. So the night sky is maybe just a physical manifestation of the power of Ceridwen, or another illusion of Esus (who perhaps created the Moon as a false Sun).

And I think it would be cool to have Erebus in space. :mischief:

Hm. Well, I think it's been said that Erebus is infinite, so I'm not sure how much "space" there would be in space. Also, when Bhall Fell, she literally fell from heaven to hell, through Erebus, so the world might be physically in between the two realms somehow.

See, this is what I mean. No one can really come to a conclusion that satisfy everyone unless with us where we can send this into. I assumed that once you got near "outer space" you would fly straight into Ceridwen's vault which could be even worse. Sorry, I just wonder these questions.

But I would like these questions answered, just I could finally solve my own little mystery.

Does Erebus have an outer space? Or does it just turn into Ceridwen's vault?

Both, maybe? An infinite universe, followed by Ceridwen's fault. (Hm. Meaning of the word "infinite" versus Capital-M Magic. I wonder who'll win.)

Ceridwen's vault isn't actually a vault: it's the dimensional spaces and tunnels between the other vaults of the evil gods. To quote the Layers of Hell thread by Kael:

Kael said:
Ceridwen's vault is the largest and has no size at all. It is what binds all the hells together, and them with Erebus. It is not what’s on either side of the doorway, but the space between, the doorway itself.

Though there are no physical bounds to her world there are shadowy gaps within it, places between worlds. The laws of nature are not fixed within these worlds, that which is set in the laws of creation is mutable here. By drawing from these places, pulling them into creation these laws can be bent. Fire can be made to move and leap, the dominions that were once subordinate only to the gods can be commanded by men.

Esus may be the god of deception, but Cerdiwen is the queen of secrets. Even her highest angels are only privy to tiny parts of the vast web of portals and hidden spaces that make up her world. It is known that she has countless passages into Erebus and the hells, but most suspect that she travels between many more worlds. Perhaps even beyond those created by the gods of Erebus.

There's definitely "space" in the sense of dimensional space, and we know there are other worlds out there beyond Erebus and the various vaults and elemental planes and such. But I don't know if there is "space" like in our world.

My gut reaction is to say no, and to say that the sun, moon, and stars just hang in space over the plane. After all, Erebus is flat, and doesn't seem to have an Edge, like other flat worlds for a sun to pass under.

Well, I' m a noobie in FFH and so I will NOT argument with lore, but with what I know in real life.

I have a pretty good knowledge on mythology and science so I have a *proposal* of *interpretation* that can put everything together.

I mean that it is not what actually say the lore, but a new perspective on it.

What IF those FFH myths are, in fact, only myths?

Just like our ancient ones... they are even pretty similar to them: world considered flat, located between heaven and hell, and all other things common to ancient myths.

Btw, this in Erebus inhabitants' mind -> ancient people with no modern scientific knowledge.

So, Erebus *could* actually be a planet (like Earth or Mars, but btw an Earth-like one) in space, but for the ancient civilizations that inhabits it, who doesn't have our modern knowledge, it is flat and unique.

Just as we did believe millennia ago....

The portals which link various worlds which the goddess is said to visit, "even beyond those created by the gods of Erebus" can actually be other planets orbiting other stars, etc.

And maybe, all of this Universe is just the whole Creation made by The One of the Erebus myths... Who knows. :p

The portals which link various worlds which the goddess is said to visit, "even beyond those created by the gods of Erebus" can actually be other planets orbiting other stars etc.

maybe those planets are ones created by the One himself, but he just never told the lesser gods about them, and Ceridwen just discovered them.

Or maybe something else. I dunno. Your guess is as good as mine.

Top Bottom