Over the Reich - McMonkey vs. JPetroski

When I find some time later I'm going to share some thoughts on balancing. I would briefly leave you to consider this:

Should the Germans get a dialogue box about 950 points in warning about D-Day and allowing them to build the Atlantik Wall?

I'm thinking that they get three options:

Concentrate in Calais
Concentrate in Normandy
Concentrate in Brittain

Depending which they choose, all three regions are reinforced, but the primary region is heavily reinforced.

Thoughts?

Sorry it took me so long...

So what I'd basically propose is that you can pick one of the three regions to put 2x shore batteries, 2x 3.7cm, 2x 88mm Flak, 10x Infantry, 4x Artillery, 2x Panzer

In the other two regions you can get exactly half that per coastal city:

1x shore battery, 1x 3.7cm, 1x, 88 mm, 5x Infantry, 2x Artillery, 1x Panzer

I am thinking that 950 points should trigger this. I'm at 930 or so right now.

Allies Turn 63
-Mustangs attack every air base they can find, but don’t do much damage due to heavier than expected flak defenses. 1x Fw190 destroyed at Jever. 2x Mustangs lost near various air fields.
-Fw190 destroyed at Jever
-Fuel refinery attacked at Amsterdam but not destroyed
-Several infantry units attacked and destroyed in Calais

Attachments

• AlliesTurn63.zip
    131.2 KB · Views: 190
Allies Turn 64
-Tourhout attacked without effect
-Amsterdam oil refinery attacked and two B-17s damaged, 1x P-47 destroyed. 1x P-51 destroyed. Oil refinery destroyed.
-Factory near Amsterdam also destroyed.

Attachments

• AlliesTurn64.zip
    132.6 KB · Views: 136
Allies Turn 65

Very slow, boring turn where absolutely nothing happens... No cause for alarm. Go about your day and enjoy your liederhosen...

Attachments

• AlliesTurn65.zip
    132.7 KB · Views: 121
Apologies again for the delay. I was out for a few beers with an old friend last night.

Every time I see you have posted I wince as I click to open the thread & see what misfortunes have befallen my Reich, so seeing no news is a glorious relief. Sadly it probably just means you're massing for something really big in the next few turns!

Allies Turn 66

The build up continues - no news.

I'm slowing down a bit - just had a very challenging month at the office and it took everything out of me. Hopefully stuff calms down soon!

Attachments

• AlliesTurn66.zip
    133.5 KB · Views: 187
Allies Turn 66
-Woensdrecht AF is cleared of defenders for the loss of a few A-26
-A flak train near Woensdrecht is also attacked but we can’t destroy it
-Our raids on Schweinfurt and Regensburg have been defeated

Attachments

• AlliesTurn67.zip
    135 KB · Views: 149
Axis Turn 67

Two P51s and one A26 shot down by flak near Antwerp.

The Regensburg/Schweinfurt victory was a nice little bonus at a time when things are looking increasingly bleak for the Axis!

Attachments

• AxisTurn67.7z
    116.2 KB · Views: 156
Allies Turn 68
-I've triggered the 1,000 points necessary to initiate D-Day, so if you are going to take me up on the reinforcement offer from a few turns ago, now would be a good time to do it.
-No other news (trigger was from supply ships)

Attachments

• AlliesTurn68.zip
    135.4 KB · Views: 188
These turns are starting to get long, apologies for the delay. Anyway, we make several attacks at Cherbourg and Calais, killing some defenders and losing several aircraft, but aren't able to empty either.

Attachments

• AlliesTurn69.zip
    138.1 KB · Views: 164
I'm about 1/3 of my way through my turn - these are getting long now that D-Day approaches!

Top Bottom