Overlords Max

CurtSibling

ENEMY ACE™
The war drums sound once more!
1687902105118.png

Overlords is soon to return, with a giant campaign, taking full use of Lua, and the expanded techs and units, courtesy of TNO. :)
I'm opening the thread just now, with some previews, and will make this the place for feedback, bug hunts, and updates, etc.

I'm very excited with this scenario, which is by far the most ambitious and fun of my WW2 dicator/overlord series.
I owe a great deal of gratitude to @Fairline , @techumseh , @Prof. Garfield , @JPetroski for their amazing help.

Until I get the final "playtest" version ready (which will be quite soon) I am leaving a few peeks!
1687901312833.png

1687901350139.png

1687901474261.png

1687901523855.png

1687901569637.png

1687901622064.png

My next tasks are to prepare a playtest pack that can be emailed out, or uploaded to CFC...
And to put together a text file that will explain the basic concepts of play, for instance, many
units in-game can't be fabricated until the correct facilities are built...:)

Stay tuned for more updates soon on this thread!

Last edited:
Feb 1941..
Finally playing a test play-through as the neutrals. All I can say is that the AI is merciless. Real feeling of helplessness as the Japanese run rampage in the Pacific.
Fierce battles with the USN and IJN are underway, Japan has invaded East Russia. The British and German empires are slugging it out. And Barbarossa is not even launched.
1688050637089.png

Playing with the battle speed turned up to near max...Makes for rapid and destructive turns!

I look forward to it. Having just played your last version, it is April 1946 and the invasion of the mainland United States as Germany is quite the task. So many naval units keep bombarding cities, it’s hard to keep units at the front. I guess I could just call it a day and say that counts as a victory since almost all of India, the USSR, Africa, the Middle East, and the British isles are under German control. :)

Now on to this one: I’m sure (?) it’s possible with Lua, but it would be nice if the invasion techs were conditional on having control over a city in the region. The British caused a headache for me in the last game trying to invade Norway in 1944 even though they had been driven out of Britain in 1942. Sneaky Brits must have sailed from Canada. :lol:

Feb 1941..
Finally playing a test play-through as the neutrals. All I can say is that the AI is merciless. Real feeling of helplessness as the Japanese run rampage in the Pacific.
Fierce battles with the USN and IJN are underway, Japan has invaded East Russia. The British and German empires are slugging it out. And Barbarossa is not even launched.
View attachment 666003
Playing with the battle speed turned up to near max...Makes for rapid and destructive turns!
Seeing Paris beeing lost by "the British Empire" hurt my french pride quite a lot :D.

Quite cool to see more creations coming on your side though

Seeing Paris beeing lost by "the British Empire" hurt my french pride quite a lot :D.
May be by the end of the game the British Empire can conquer back the city of Paris. :D

Quite cool to see more creations coming on your side though
A quick test says this code would let the message be changed:
Code:
discreteEvents.onCityTaken(function(city,defender)
    defender.name = "Another tribe"
    defender.adjective = "foreign"
end)
I guess you'd have to reset the tribe name in the unit activation event or something.

That was during the the playthrough where France was a battleground between the Brit Empire and the Germans.
Don't worry, Paris eventually was conquered by the Americans! :D

I am almost done with a giant over-haul of all lua war events and unit spawns...I hope the new invasions that AI can unleash will be a very tough challenge! :D

It'a been a few years since "God Save the King" was sung in Paris,eh? :king:
Probably when Charles III made his first goodwill visit to Macron... :p

UPDATE!
Been playing as the yellow tribe (neutrals) as I made sure the events and game flow is going nicely. I think I am ready to offer it for playtests.

Mid-1942: The turns are huge, with massive slug-outs between all the big powers. The AI is fighting very fiercely, and if anyone is brave enough to play as Brits, Germany or Russia, I think there will be a good challenge. If not, increasing the AI's unit reinforcements is easy. I feel the scenario's "balance of power" is going good. The Allies are pounding Germany from the West side, but the Reich is holding out. In the East, there have been some of the greatest battles I've seen the AI civ perform. Kiev had multiple marshal-generals and dozens of tanks spawning, but the German AI was spawning stukas and tanks too, and slowly wore it down and then finally took the city with paratroops. A four turn mega-siege. Hoping the human player will feel the same pressure from the AI. I prepared Palembang with many AA units, but the Japanese swept me aside...But I will have revenge when the USAAF arrives to save the day...Any time now! ;)

Crazy big-scale AI fighting is raging across this giant map. Using ToTPP I have the battle speeds up at max, and the turns still take 5 mins...But exciting to watch the world hang in the balance.

I'm going to play up to 1945, then post the zips! Get ready! :D

Dec 1942 -
Lua has allowed the most powerful invasion and reinforcement events...ToTPP has enabled vast amounts of deadly units to roam the maps, and I'm watching some of the most titanic battles I've seen in CIV. :D
The struggle between Germany and Russia is amazing. Both sides are unleashing vast air and ground attacks every turn - A grim contest with the two monoliths locking horns along the Don river...
Now Stalingrad has fallen. Leningrad and Moscow are under pressure...The USSR is starting to crumble...It's very exciting to see. Facing off against one of these monsters as a player will be interesting...!

Last edited:
Playtesters are called to duty! :D
@techumseh @amadeus
Hi guys! It's time! :)

I spent some weeks fine-tuning some parts of the scenario to get things balanced...I think it might be almost correct now? :)

Files can be found here:

Some Installation and scenario advice:
Will require Test of Time patched up to the current, and TOTPP v018 or higher.

In your Civ2 ToT main directory, create an "Overlords Max" folder, and drop the Scn files in there.
Create a "Sound" folder too, and drop the sound wavs here.
Set up your ToT configuration to your liking, everything except the debug patches, and these:
1692168281480.png

I use a feature which speeds up the time between combat animation rounds, which leads to faster battles.
The turns are fast, handy in a big scenario.

When playing, keep in mind that certain units and city improvements require prerequisite improvements to unlock.
I will post a full guide, but check the "canbuildsettings" in the LuaRulesEvents folder for details on each unit, or buidling.

Basically select a suitable city, build Barracks, Officer Academy, Airbase, Rail Station, Trade District, Factory, Auto Plant and Munition Plant to unlock all the good stuff.
There are government upgrades for all factions, which bring more cash, and better management. Only player can switch government. Look out for Fanaticism or Democracy.

Empires available:
Soviet Union
- Tough Challenge at first. Germany and Japan are out to get them. Red front on two fronts!
Japanese Empire - Gets tougher. At war with China. Build a true military machine, before the B-29s arrive.
German Reich - Challenging. The scenario warmasters, but you will be battling most of the world eventually.
Neutral Nations - Can be played, with some interesting features to build an empire of your own. Can join in the fight.
United States - Isolated from the battle zones, but a challenging task of crushing both German and Japanese regimes.
British Empire - Large amount of cities, needs to bolster the defences, so the Empire can strike back at the Axis.
Chinese Republic - The best challenge for the underdog player. Try to survive and destroy the Japanese!

Units/improvements are expensive to rush buy, so events will funnel extra cash to you each turn, which frees you up to maximise the Lux and Sci bars as you see fit.
Your job as a world leader is to conquer the world, not to worry about micro-balancing the bank balance. Leave that to your minions. :)

Let me know of any problems, and we will all help each other out! Any large bugs that erupt, please report them here! Enjoy!

Last edited:
I've been playing as China or the Neutrals, so any of the big powers is up for grabs. :)
I held my finger on the down key and went for a random pick. Got the Germans.

Without spoiling anything so far, the RAF is quite relentless. More updates will follow. :)

Feb 1942: I'm playing as the USA. I was happily spreading my democratic USMC forces to West Africa and South America, when the Germans sprung a dastardly u-boat fleet (and war declaration) on Uncle Sam!

How rude. This brings war with Japan too. Now the game is afoot!

Top Bottom