Overpowered This, Overpowered That...

I was referring to 2-4 mists, with 4 move, invisible, HN can pillage in Raider trait (~150 gold per mist per turn as long as there are towns around). It (and cash from cottage spam) funds anything you want while crippling your neighbor/buddy. You know, buddy is only half a word. Domination is for when it's time to put an end to the now half-dead civ, taking the last of their good stuff and throwing their own upon them as fodder.

:evil: Svartalfar :evil:

:evil: Svartalfar :evil:

I know. I love it. Svarts are probably my favorite civ just for how evil they are mechanically.

If you wanna see overpowered, though . . . go into Civleaderheadinfos.xml and add the summoner trait to Faeryl. Illusions that stick around are terrifying!

MalkutX, ever tried using Wonder (Chaos III) with an Illusionist Archmage? Permanent illusion treants and Flesh Golems are far, far scarier than any mere 3-turn summon.

MalkutX, ever tried using Wonder (Chaos III) with an Illusionist Archmage?

Yup. They're very nice, I must say. The only problem is that there's no reliable way to summon more if you lose them, but to keep trying until you get lucky.

I was specifically referring to mistforms, though, which are probably my favorite unit. Keep building those shadow nodes, build a shadow rider, and 3 turns is all you'll ever need.

i think beastmasters research cost need to be increased. For their research cost (1600 or 3200 i can't remember), you can get 14 str recon units. A similiar tech for a unit of a similiar str cost much more. Archmages cost 6000+ beakers, mith research to get phalanaxs cost even more.

i think beastmasters research cost need to be increased. For their research cost (1600 or 3200 i can't remember), you can get 14 str recon units. A similiar tech for a unit of a similiar str cost much more. Archmages cost 6000+ beakers, mith research to get phalanaxs cost even more.

Except Archmages are FAR more powerful, and Phalanxes have access to Metal Weapons (most likely Mithril by that point) for another +4 strength. Still, Beastmasters are pretty cheap for T4s.

If I am teching Arcanes or Recons, I don't have smelting or ironworking. You must include those costs also. It takes me forever to get beastmasters after Commune because of those and I'm not using champs or forges (well, I might build a couple forges). I'm not using axemen either, so the iron promo doesn't help me (my rangers and/or mages are not interested in it). Long after my archmages or druids are off destroying civs, my beastmasters are still not near.

Now, if you really want good beastmasters, they need combat 2, DR4-blitz, mobility 2 and you need Precision Tech for marksman (which is after phalanxes). At level 10 (with Precision), a beastmaster begins comparing to an archmage. That's what I do with Grigori Heroes if I can't get reagents; however, as a plain 14, they are just the most expensive fodder in the game - I throw them at cities like dominated warriors.

Top Bottom