P3-02 - Hostile Takeover Inc.

Myself? Think I'd prefer C. Or a reroll, though that would be avoiding the challenge :p

We could roll starts "D" and "E" and see if anything more powerful shows up.

Though, comparing this game with Pholkhero's, his had a far more restrictive variant (all corps founded, only merchant specs, prioritize :gold: buildings first, among the more severe) and at least by the end of the game the team seemed to have a fairly wide margin for their space victory. It was on Monarch with isolated starts for everyone though. I guess I think we can pull this one off even with a poorer starting city and would be happy to just roll with start "C".

Personally I don't see any point to roll more starts. Everyone mentioned that the last game was too easy, so we don't need any stinking gold mines :p

I fourth the motion, lets roll with C!

I'm back from my little trip and hoped to read up some nice turnsets... :p If it must be C to get this thing going then C it be!

In that case... whoever wishes to start can do so. ;)

I'd say scout around for a bit more food, but if we cannot find that we might as well settle in place for the bonus hammer.

Attachments

• CEO Shaka Start C.CivBeyondSwordSave
    63.8 KB · Views: 61
OK I will take it and start off this evening for 30ish turns

Ralph

A quick series of 29 turns to get things moving. As our scout couldn’t find more food Group Head Office was founded on the spot..

We quickly discovered we have a close neighbour whose borders can be seen tot he south of Group HO

Research went AH, Mining Bronze working and I have taken the Anarchy before handing over after 29 turns.
As far as huts go we did OK Picking up
  1. 49 gold
  2. The mostly researched Animal husbandry
  3. A free Scout
  4. And some more gold
Picked up a decent random Event which has turned our cows into a cracking 3 food 3 hammer 2 gold tile. Dye is farmed to boost food.

So at the end we have another warrior out ready to find our 2nd city and 2 scouts out exploring.

Lots of dotmapping opportunities but I would go Green then Red to block off Roosie, oh an yes we have copper connected.

Writing selected but with no beakers invested and suggets we switch to a settler rather than finish off the Impi. Capital has already built an ikhanada while growing.

Ralph

Attachments

• CEO Shaka BC-2840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    88.3 KB · Views: 64
Finally! With copper and nearby foreigner, we should definitely do an axe rush! Wait... why are you all looking me like that...? ;)

Nice scouting and dotmapping, Ralph. I don't have anything to add except maybe we should still settle red dot next before Roosevelt gets any ideas and use the city to build our military. Third city would naturally be the green one for science.

I guess the roster is now this:

PaulusIII - Up
Meiz - On deck
nocho
Pindrus
Loki Strikes
Ralph Jackson - Just played

Got it.

I've drawn up a future business plan strategy - Operation Choke. This strategy has been devised to make the acquiring of future assets a great deal easier by immediately stifling our competitors, while utilizing the synergy with our aggressive strategy and using cost-effective methods to keep the financial department in the Ikhandas happy.

This plan will work well together with coordinating our R&D division towards invention of the Wheel, then Pottery. This will ensure both growth of profits and growth of the personnel sector.

(okay, I'll try to stop using buzzwords now)

Looks like we may be alone on an island with Roosy. So if we're allowed one offensive rage pre-corporation we have our victim already. So let's preemptively punish this latent anti-capitalist bastard before he comes harrassing our world with his filthy New Deal policies! :)

Agree on settling asap and aggressively towards Roosy. Normally I'd let grow the capital a bit more, but with copper, cows and some chopping we should be able to churn out some settlers pretty quickly. And let's get myst or writing soon to be able to get some culture in our new commercial strongholds.

Operation Choke gets a second motion from this board member--get out 2-3 settlers with impi support. I might consider moving "Grab this if FDR Doesn't" 1W. Long term it has less overlap and with so many green tiles can be very flexible for either cottaging with a couple farms or more farms + workshops. Basically loses out on 4 overlap tiles + inland lake for 1 grass hill + 3 grass flatlands + mystery tile. Plus after a border pop it will seal off "Production" site from Roosevelt II. Either way rice is in 2nd ring. Does lose the river though, so maybe it's best on the hill. Silly headwaters graphics... Dont think there are other resources in its BFC either way, opened the save last night but don't remember exactly.

Needing 4 (possibly 3 if we lose the spot debated above) cities for a block, we may want to settle the gold site first and get it working the mines to keep research up. Site A + cottages would also do. Either way we'll need another worker soon too.

Are we allowing 1 pre-corp war of capitalist aggression? Expanding and making friends in the short-term is probably best either way, but we should clarify. If we are able to block off most of the continent it may not be necessary, but I feel that we shouldn't create rules based on the current situation and it will be best to decide earlier whether we can justify liberating precious commodities from the Americans.

Spoiler for technical problems:
Spoiler :
So, when opening the save with BUG 3.6 loaded, I got an error that the save needed to be opened "With the following mod: NONE" or something like that. CIV had to re-load without BUG and I could poke around, but I'd rather play with BUG if possible. Obviously, Paulus, you were able to open the save in BUG. Should I just try a fresh install? I had been messing around with multiple concurrent versions for BUG/FFH/etc. Maybe that is causing my problems.

Personally I don't see any point to roll more starts. Everyone mentioned that the last game was too easy, so we don't need any stinking gold mines :p

I find it funny because the hills to the west are loaded with gold... :)

Also yeah...seems like a perfect setup for an axe rush for a non-variant game.

I say choke Roosey for all its worth we need to be in a good position to get to late game anyway, might as well get their in style, besides corporations didn't originate in small backwards nations sharing half an island...

Lets choke Roosey, settle a few cities and take him out at our leisure. No more war till corporations after that... one little war is all :crazyeye

Land looks nice too, with this continent to ourselves we can have some Tank vs. rifleman fun (brought to you by your favorite corporation)

Shame about no bureaucracy but I see 3-4 good commerce cities so we will survive.

Don't see a good GP farm, until we see Washington the cow-wheat-clam seems best but all three are rather weak food sources so I would much rather use Washington (assuming its as good as capitals tend to be)

The report isn't going to be very long. FDR quickly grabbed the site to the SE of Ulundi, so I got the first line of blocking cities up. I started with our gold mining operation far west of Ulundi.

I also explored our continent a little further. If I am not mistaken, the coastal tile we found 2W 2N of the tip of our continent might mean we have another landmass on our hands. This is only good of course; we aren't going to get much in techs from FDR alone. It's marked as a possible foreign acquisition.

Apart from our mining operation in the hills to the west, we also founded Riverside Office to the southwest to made control of the mining operation easier and have a waystation along the way - and it's an important blocking city as well.

Furthermore we have increased our personnel numbers. We hired several groups of construction workers to build our mines and roads, and some axes as well. R&D got the Wheel, Pottery, Mysticism and Writing.

Save attached.

Attachments

• CEO Shaka BC-1840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    102.9 KB · Views: 61
Top Bottom