PAE V Patch 2

I find them useful when playing maritime Civs. A much harder alternative would be to make a new building - Trading Post - that could be built on the map and would have culture. Historically accurate, but more work.

Your choice of course.

This Trading Post improvement is still in Patch 2. Already done.
Now this gets culture per turn instead of the forts. But I can add it for forts again if lots of players like to have.

This Trading Post improvement is still in Patch 2. Already done.

Are there any special conditions or requirements for this? Or do I need to start a new game? Because my workers don't have this ability. I thought something was being lost in translation when you mentioned improvements because I checked my workers and slaves and they can't build any new buildings.

I've reinstalled everything in case something went wrong with the upgrade. If the trading post has taken the place of the fort there's no need to add culture back to the fort in my view.

Just a small text clarification/translation: I know this is from the vanilla Civ quest, but I got the one where you must build 19 (or whatever number of) swordsmen and there's an additional reward option if you have the same civic. But since PAE has multiple different kinds of swordsmen, it might be worth specifying exactly which unit or class of units will satisfy the quest. I found that short-swordsmen worked and finished the quest.

Antigenes: this improvement is available with a certain tech AND it can only be build on a legal resource! Forts can be built anywhere.

alex: if not especially written shortswordsmen then you can build any type of swordsman: short sword, scimitar, broad sword, long sword. your choice.

the same with chariots: you can create chariot archers or chariots. both are calculated.

The fort has to be on the flat surface and have your culture. One cannot sail into hills.

I just tested, and I was wrong. One can sail into the hills with his culture.

Antigenes: this improvement is available with a certain tech AND it can only be build on a legal resource! Forts can be built anywhere.

Hmm, well, it's not a major loss. I can only think of one instance where it could be detrimental - on some maps the only way to sail from the Med to the Black Sea was to build a fort if you couldn't/didn't want to build a city on one of those two plots. I don't think there is a resource there on most maps so you couldn't build a trading post. It's a very minor point though, so whether it's worth restoring culture to forts for that reason alone I leave to your judgment :).

Just wanted to report a couple more bugs: first is a CtD that I can't always reproduce, but happens when I move the mouse cursor towards the lower left corner of the screen. This has been happening since PAE IV, and isn't consistent so often reloading from a save is fine. But it has now happened twice in the past hour or so. I can't tell what icon or unit is triggering the problem either.

Second: you can see in this screenshot that all the Illyrian cities in my game don't have proper names, but instead have what appears to be a bit of coding. Hope this one is easier to fix.

Attachments

• PAE Illyrian cities have no names.jpg
    PAE Illyrian cities have no names.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 222
1) commissioned mercs: with 4 elite units works well, but with 8 elite... with have a stack of 16. I think with 12 will have the same, 16 units.

2) rice and progation: it's impossible. PAE concepts says: flood and grassland. I had grassland (9 tiles) and 1 with flood, and I could not. More: I havent seen any flood+grassland, only with WB. There are desert+flood or grassland+swamp. Maps generator dont create any grassland+flood. I have seen that flood can propagate like a forest, but this is very very very uncommon. A lot of luck we need.

Just wanted to report a couple more bugs: first is a CtD that I can't always reproduce, but happens when I move the mouse cursor towards the lower left corner of the screen. This has been happening since PAE IV, and isn't consistent so often reloading from a save is fine. But it has now happened twice in the past hour or so. I can't tell what icon or unit is triggering the problem either.

Second: you can see in this screenshot that all the Illyrian cities in my game don't have proper names, but instead have what appears to be a bit of coding. Hope this one is easier to fix.

1) is it when you move over a special unit art?

2) ah, thx. yes, this should be easy to solve

1) commissioned mercs: with 4 elite units works well, but with 8 elite... with have a stack of 16. I think with 12 will have the same, 16 units.

2) rice and progation: it's impossible. PAE concepts says: flood and grassland. I had grassland (9 tiles) and 1 with flood, and I could not. More: I havent seen any flood+grassland, only with WB. There are desert+flood or grassland+swamp. Maps generator dont create any grassland+flood. I have seen that flood can propagate like a forest, but this is very very very uncommon. A lot of luck we need.

1) ok, will look again

2) rice: hm, that's true. where should I provide rice then? a wet and warm climate is necessary. perhaps a grass tile with river and a jungle near the city.

2) rice: hm, that's true. where should I provide rice then? a wet and warm climate is necessary. perhaps a grass tile with river and a jungle near the city.

In Spain: the three largest paddyfield are in Sevilla, Tarragona and Valencia. They are swamps (plains and grasslands). But this is CIV, there is not difference between a plain/swamp in spain or a plain/swamp in russia (Rife has a third feature, the climate, wet, cold, warm, etc) so... rivers, ok, its required, grassland ok too, jungle... I think greeks spread rice in their lands, if there is not other solution, ok. But I like more swamp instead jungle. Unfortunately a swamp can't be determinate as cold or warm.

There is some function of latitude? with random maps it works very well: equator, some degrees to north, other to south, and it only needs grassland and rivers (and perhaps swamp too). But with a scenario will be a problem.

Hm. Thx Hunk!
So swamp on plains (with river) would fit best? Because in north there are grass and tundra swamps only.

I would put grasslands too.

My idea:

plains/swamp/river (80%)

grassland/swamp/river (20%), +20% for each jungle (like vietnam) or plains max 3

both: impossible to spread with tundra, ice or dense forest, -20% for desert

PS Im looking the bonus and with the swamp -1 food... the rice will need more

plains/swamp/river with rice will be +1 plain/-1 swamp/0 river/+1 rice/+2 farm/+1 irrigation/+1 calendar/+1 iron plow max +6

a rye in a grassland with river is +2/0/0/+1/+2/+1/+1/+1 +8

Top Bottom