Palmyra, Collab Mod

"You were by far it's most famous and competent ruler, when in XB.C."
I don't know if that's still supposed to be a placeholder or if you forgot to replace, but just in case, that date is still blank.
Also, it should be "its", not "it's".

ryanjames wrote it quickly for me to edit later. I was just getting a screenshot out to prove there is actually stuff happening.

The old colour scheme was horrible ingame. There was no contrast, it was too dark and was just kinda dull.
So i've made a few more, which do people like the most?

I'd like to see #2, #4 or #12 in game (going left to right). Worried #1 would be too similar to Tonga and #3 to South Africa.

Would really recommend showing how they all look in game before deciding though.

#2 with a tiny yellowish/gold hue for the icon would be great.

I'm gonna try and work through people's favourites and see if they look good ingame. Although it'll take an age.

TPang's suggestion (I think)

I'm gonna try and work through people's favourites and see if they look good ingame. Although it'll take an age.

TPang's suggestion (I think)

Oh man, that looks lovely. Maybe desaturate the yellow quite a lot, though, to distinguish more from all the Romes and stuff.

I'd go with the modified 2 as well.

Also I'm glad to see this project entering its later stages :)

Spoiler :

New colours look great ingame. Great suggestion, TPang.

and this is the closest i can find to a Clibanarii.

Spoiler :

They didn't use shields and their helmets were plumed. but sadly there don't seem to be any accurate models.
Clibanarii were armoured head to toe, including the horse in full armour and our icon shows them wearing a mask. So this seems accurate enough.
For a proper clibanarii model we would need a horseman that's
- Armoured.
- has a Plumed Helmet.
- Carries a long pike.
- has no shield.

I found some more possible unit graphics for the Clibanarii. But they would need conversion and a re-texture. (and according to how possible this is, the first one would need to lose the shield)

I'm currently using the Persian Knight model. It seems to work ok ingame.
And i've tried converting models before, sadly my computer is unable to run a vital program in the process. If not for that, i could probably make improvements and possibly convert units (more difficult however)

Finally got the unitart working after multiple rookie mistakes like simple naming errors and forgetting to add the horse textures to my mod.
I'll need some help coming up with events and decisions though, and also finding music. But i'd rather focus on the E&D.
Then its a finished mod.

Finally got the unitart working after multiple rookie mistakes like simple naming errors and forgetting to add the horse textures to my mod.
I'll need some help coming up with events and decisions though, and also finding music. But i'd rather focus on the E&D.
Then its a finished mod.

Woo! I'll think of some E&Ds soon, but I think we might already have some...

Something like this?

Adopt the Greek language as the official language of commerce

Costs: 1 magistrate, 500 gold, 200 (or more) culture

Requirements: Must be enacted before the Renaissance, must have met at least one other major civilization, must have at least one active land trade route with an other major civilization

Rewards: Free caravansary in the capital. +2 gold for each trade route departing from a city with a caravansary, and +2 culture for each foreign trade route arriving in one of your cities containing caravansary.

I think I'd prefer it if it were "Adopt the {1_Adjective} Language as the Official Language of Commerce" where the adjective is one of the civs you are trading with the most. Just more flavour and stuff.

Doesn't have to be JFD's mods to be weird - Adopt the American language, Adopt the Brazillian Language, Adopt the Celtic Language, Adopt the Polynesian Language, Adopt the Austrian Language, the Byzantine Language, the Indian Language,Ottoman Language, the Morrocan Language, the Roman Language, the Venetian Language

Top Bottom