• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Pangaea Ultima: Earth in 250 million years

Gisli

Chieftain
This is another map adapted from a future Earth prediction of Dr. Scortese. 'Pangaea Ultima' is a possible product of continental drift 250 million years in the future.

This is C3C map of custom size 200x220. Resources and goody huts are placed but not starting locations. I recommend random starts because Europe is rather small and there just isn't room for everybody. Resources were placed randomly but looked pretty good to me.

Sorry there's no screenshot. For some reason I just couldn't get the screen capture to work. Maybe someone could post the minimap preview for me (hint, hint).

All comments are welcome, of course.

Gisli

Attachments

• panultima.zip
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,003
looks interesting

here's a preview... (enlarged minimap)

Attachments

• pangea ultima preview.gif
    pangea ultima preview.gif
    96.8 KB · Views: 11,743
btw: what's that huge continent part between current europe and north america? it's far too large to be greenland. do the geologists expect a oceanic plate to surface? :confused:

and anyway... asia looks extremely small while north america is really wide. :)

OMG!:eek: Thank you!:D This'll be the next game I play!:goodjob:

Perhaps you could make Dr.Scortese's other Future maps?:mischief:

Thanks a lot for the screenshot sabrewolf. Anyone who plays this map, please give me some feedback. Like I wrote before, I let the computer place the resources so I don't know how balanced the map will be.

Gisli

You are correct, overlag, in saying that the Americas and Africa are moving away from each other. They have been for about the last 200 million years. Dr. Scotese's work, however, predicts that new subduction zones will open in the future so his ideas are somewhat unconventional. I quote from his homepage:

"By extending present-day plate motions into the future we can easily predict that Africa will collide with southern Europe closing the Mediterranean, that Australia will collide with S.E. Asia and China, and California will slide northward along the west coast.

Subduction is now beginning in the Central Indian Ocean, and it seems likely that new subduction zones will form off the east coast of the Americas. (Subduction has already begun in the Puerto Rican trench and Scotia arc.) If this happens, then Antarctica will be drawn northward towards India, and the Atlantic will close forming a new ring-shaped Pangea."

Gisli

Any chance you could do a map of that? That future Pangea sounds interesting.

Originally posted by Overlag
err have you looked at the top of this thread? lol

:rolleyes: oops. For some reason I thought this was 250 mill ago. Just ignore me, it must have been late when I posted that.:crazyeye: :sleep:

edit : OOPS I haven't noticed that this is the FUTURE pangea, sorry.

I've been working on a earth map at 65 million years ago, these primitive earth maps look very exotic, great job

Hey Greenland isn't too large!! Did you ever hear of erosion.......I have been studying the earths tectonic plates. No one knows really how large all of the plates were and I think they are fine

Looks good. I was just looking at some Earth's History. I hope that there would be more maps looking into Earth's past

Is there really a need to get pedantic about events that are 250 million years away!

I think it's a clever idea and well done; but I need to make all new units based on insects to populate this sucker!

Top Bottom