pantheon beliefs advice

andersw

Emperor
(Ottomans, authority, ver 11 march)
I have an opportunity to settle two! natural wonders near cap.

Was thinking, great, god of nature , that'd give me extra culture sure, but god of sun would in time give me +6 food in cap.

I also have 4 olives in cap fat cross for god of springtime.
So lets calc (using my three first intended cities):

Nature: +3 faith +2 culture (double a bit later with second city).
+6F+4C when hooked up, pretty much direct on settle but I wont get that much after that.
It looks nice for a really early religion.
How much does this scale with eras?

Sun: +2 Faith and + 1 Culture (from granary), scaling with number of cities. +6 Food in cap sometime later.
+6F +3C +6 (food in cap) when hooked up/constructed.
Looks good for tons of food in cap. (does the +culture work or was that bugged?)

Springtime:
+2 Gold and +1 Food from Plantations, and +3 Faith from Markets.
Takes time to get online, 4 in cap, 2 in second and 7 in third city (1east of eldorado).
+9F+26G,+26food, looks like a lot but this requires iron working and markets to hook up, also no culture from this.

8930_20180313164053_1.jpg

Sun looks good, and works well to expand north into that desert.

I smell sarcasm, the desert up north have no wheat nor any flood plains (there is a single fp west of cap fat cross), I'll plop down where settler at for the forest/hill 2xolives and gems, the upside is an earlier olive monopoly.
In hindsight I realise expanding first on eldorado would have been better, but thats my lack of skill at the moment in this game.

Would you say growth in capital is worth that much more than growth elsewhere?
If not, is it culture that that makes Sun better than Springtime or is it the late benefit of plantations?

Edit: Double checked on Sun and it seems I'm blind, its 3 wheats in capital range, grumble I cant decide, faster policys have been good but....

Last edited:
I thought God of the Sun gives granaries +2 faith and +2 gold (not culture), plus the food on wheat and science per (2?) floodplains. Am I wrong or is my stuff bugged/mod conflict?

I thought God of the Sun gives granaries +2 faith and +2 gold (not culture), plus the food on wheat and science per (2?) floodplains. Am I wrong or is my stuff bugged/mod conflict?

Yes I made the mistake to look at wiki instead of ingame, it doesn't give culture anymore.
Anyways, I went for springtime, we'll see how it works, if all goes well I'll swim in gold considering how much plantations there are, now in war with huns and spain so maybe a short game if things goes bad.

Top Bottom