Paradox Interactive games

I'm just downloading mymap after seeing how many additional provinces it adds. Looks like a very interesting map as it will make fighting in Europe much more interesting. Will probably start as Milan and see what happens.

I have a feeling that EU3 will not be complete until AGCEEP is released for it and so it could take a while.

Dell19 said:
I have a feeling that EU3 will not be complete until AGCEEP is released for it and so it could take a while.

I wonder if there will be any AGCEEP for EUIII because in EUIII, you will never know who will be you next king, you will never know when some big even happens ( there are no historical events anymore ;). I like this! :D

That could be cool. How are they planning to recreate something like the hundred years war? Additionally I hope this doesn't mean that the AI nations will randomly join each other because a King dies without an heir. I dislike the AGCEEP plot line that has Burgundy become Spain if they live long enough.

No, they will not randomly join each other, a succesion war will happen before a nation can join another one but this will happen rarely

Anyway, the best future is that YOU WILL BE ABLE TO START AT ANY DATE BETWEEN 1453 and 1792! :D:D:D

Dell19, your Brandenburg is just HUGE. What difficulty/aggressiveness level do you play at?

It depends. The difficulty is always normal and the AI aggressiveness is generally weakling. I tend to turn off rebels once I have a large empire as I have no interest in playing a game where the only activity is putting down rebellions, especially once I have colonies and start getting colonial uprisings.

I play Very hard/Coward. That way AI is hard to beat and it doesn't make unplanned attacks.

Damn, I wanted to post a screenie of my Poland game on year 145X, but I can't find the save! Well, maybe I'll post a screenie of my CK Napoli later. In that I have something like 7 king titles.

Who can stop the Ottomans?

Playing as Italy I force annexed Venice for the trade centre, gained two provinces from the Huguenots and then finally diploannexed Savoy which let my BB rating explode to 23. I've had about three wars against the Ottomans where the only thing I could do was hold my ground and attack one of their weaker allies in Hungary. The last time I heavily gifted France so that they would let me in their alliance with Spain. When the Ottomans declared war it still wasn't enough and France ended up losing a couple of provinces.

I think I will concentrate on colonising whilst waiting the hundred years or so for my BB to decrease. Hopefully by then I will have a tech advantage against the Ottomans or will have a higher land/quality rating. Morrocco has conquered basically the entire Sahara region. I think one of the reasons is that the Golden Horde beat Muscowy and the Ottomans diploannexed Crimea and Kazan which had inherited the Golden Horde provinces.

Who can stop the Ottomans? You, of course! Ye won't get so much BB for declaring war to heathens which surely have a high BB. Declare war when they are fighting against Poland or some other big empire and you can conquer Austrian provinces without much BB. And then your only border to Ottomans is in North Africa, which is easier to defend and you to conquer than hills of Austria.

BTW, can you play AGCEEP on MyMap mod? I don't like vanilla that much, but AGCEEP rocks.

Its MyMap-AGCEEP so it is both mods although it seems to be the previous AGCEEP version. I was thinking about waiting for Poland to declare war as they do have a rather large empire. The first problem is that the Ottomans have military access through Hungary so it isn't easy to cut off their armies. The second is that for some reason their armies are virtually undefeatable even though our tech levels are identical. France managed to screw up their war with the Ottomans by declaring war elsewhere and losing their advantage.

I quite like the idea of waiting for a long period of time and hoping that Hungary drop out of the alliance. I don't like the idea of pushing the Ottomans out of Austria only for France etc to declare war on me because my BB rating is too high. Of course in that situation I could create some Vassals. I've found it quite a bit harder to create Italy as there are simply more provinces to take and thus more BB to gain. I have diplo annexed Genoa, Savoy, Tuscany, Modena (They have a different name) but the BB score went through the roof when I annexed Venice (trade centre!).

What are your relations with France and Poland, - and even more important, - what are Polands relations towards Otto? And you may lose many battles what seem to be a piece of cake if you attack when they have lots of cavalry, coz that really smacks your troops of the battlefield.

Could do although the game isn't exactly quick. I would be up for trying but I would rather only play with people who genuinely thought they would be able to play it at least once a week (on average) and believed they could complete the game or at least get us halfway through the timeline.

Relations with France are between 130-150 as I keep on sending them small gifts every so often. Poland hate me but I think they hate the Ottomans as well. Even with cavalry superiority I can still lose and it doesn't help that their provinces have a low attrition limit.

After playing through the two recent wars as Italy I am curious what people think about BB points. I have a number of problems with them. The first is that you cannot gain new core provinces except for a couple of nations so that conquests become very costly for small nations. There is no disguishing factors at all so capturing Venice is the same as capturing a colony and liberating provinces from a different religion has no positive effect.

The biggest issue is that the bad boy rating is universal so that it affects my relations with France at the same rate as the Ottomans. This is perhaps not an issue as groups of another religion would hate me anyway except when it comes to declaring war. The Ottomans are happy to declare war against me as my BB rating is high. Basically I feel the BB rating should be split for each religion so that the Ottomans rightly hate me for my aggression and declare war whilst I can maintain good relations with France as I have not attacked any Catholic countries.

A simple(ish) solution could be to treat the BB rating as how other nations of the same religion feel about your nation. So in this system the badboy points gained from taking provinces of a different religion or owned by a nation with a different religion would cost very few bad boy points. Additionally conquering provinces would be linked to the tax rate, year and province buildings.

So something like:

3/4 if it is a different religion owned by the same religion
1/4 if it is a different religion owned by a country of a different religion
0 if it is the same religion but owned by a country of a different religion (liberation)
+1/4 for every 5 points of province income above 20
-1/4 for every 5 points of province income below 20.
(So a 100 income province would cost 4 additional BB points whilst conquering a province with an income of 4 would cost 0.75 BB points less*)

*Nations are already penalised for conquering worthless provinces as stability costs etc increase. Additionally it would cover bonus buildings as a trade centre boosts province income.

Thoughts?

Im not sure yet but i think BB has been improved much in EUIII, I understand you Dell that BB is a problem but to look at reality, you cant just go and conuqer everything in you way, but its an Interesting Idea, IMO BB system should be changed (and will), so lets wait and see.

As for me, i start slowly and conquer everything in the 1700s anyway...

I forgot to mention in that post the other issue in that mymap adds a lot more provences so it would make sense to reduce the BB effect for the scenario simply to make things equal assuming you wanted things to be equal.

The other consideration is that nations like the Ottomans get free cultures at the start of the game that do not really make sense. Do they really deserve to Slav culture at the start of the game? Is it fair to give them Greek culture? It raises the issue of what is acceptable editing of the game. For instance should an Italian nation be able to gain Greek culture if they start to conquer Greece especially if they own Venice which has Greek culture?

Top Bottom