Party at Catherine's

Party

Warlord
(This turns into a story... read on....)

Party at Catherines...... booze will be provided!:beer: :cheers:
BTW, real pic from a game I just started:

Few turns latter..... yes!
With Stonehedge and Catherine's attribute my culture will probably keep all that intoxicating goodness for me!:crazyeye:

Anyway, i'm new here, longtime lurker first time poster. Been playing since Civ 2 and hope to spend many hours here.

Anyway time to get back to that game, i've never been so eager to discover Monarchy!
Then the :commerce: :food: +:) bonuses shall roll in!
Oh and remember- you can't spell Catherine without cat.

WELCOME TO CIV FNATICS!:crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) :) :) :D :D :D

Okay, nice stuff. PARTY AT TEH HOUSE!
Try to get a war started and centered around WineVille! Then keep sending suicide troops that end up gettin' drunk and die!:lol:

LOL, it's funny that you should say that because look what happened soon after!

And then Napoleon declares war on me too! They all want my wine cache!
But i'll get him yet! He he he!

Am I the only one who finds it funny that the French unit has an extra movement point so it can run away twice as fast?:run: :D

Party, this is the tale that I asked you in RFC forums.
Really, I didn't think anyone cared! Awwwww. ;)
I'll pick up where I left off with the last screenshot- I had a sizable army bearing down on Napoleon. Monty just kept throwing units is bursts at Novgorod without much of an effect, except for giving my defenders more experience.
Now Napoleon in a tight spot, I captured about three choice cities and razed about two more. I'm thinking that he's finished, his back is broken and his entire military now consists of about ten longbows.
Then suddenly, and entirely out of the blue Shaka of Zululand throws this HUGE stack at me:

No you can't really see the full size of this this stack is from the pic (all the units are not displayed for lack of room) but it is massive! First thing I did was make peace with the French (who where so eager to end that war they gave me two cities and some gold to seal the deal) and also made peace with Monty, who accepted also.
I clicked enter to start the next turn and the Zulu forces attacked the city. I went out of the room, made myself a sandwich (salami, tomato, ham and mustard, Yum!), grabbed a frosty beverage, come back, and he is still attacking!:eek: I had muskets with very heavy city defense promotions but it was just too much.

Now you can see in that last screenshot that on the hill by the city I had already started a counterattack. I basically drafted, used my handy whip :whipped: , and striped some of my other cities of defensive units. I quickly attacked while the city was still in revolt and the enemy units still had very heavy damage done to them, and after one of the biggest nail biters I have had playing civ, managed to re cap the city. Very bloody fight that one was, but a huge victory for me. That was pretty much the bulk of the zulu forces.

And my musket wielding heroes are victorious once more! I'm about to take the fight to the Zulus and launch and invasion when suddenly a great mediator appears. He offers peace and I decide that that would probably be the better choice.
Since I have all these forces in the area, I decided to use that to my advantage and declare war on France and finish them off once and for all. However by now they already have their UU and it's a harder fight then I thought it would be. I have a base force of riflemen but mostly muskets defending my cities and over all everything is going well for me. I have privateers blockading Darius quite effectively and i'm starting to feel pretty cocky. I'm thinking that the Japanese are planning something because they have forces in the area but actually that's not the case at all. It's worse.

Then the doo-doo hits the fan....

(note that my current defense in Novgorod consist solely of a musket, a few balloons and a worker)

To be continued!

Monty, Shaka, AND Toku? I normally take out these guys as soon as possible.
I know, me too.
It's crazy how it's all been progressing, and all over this one little piece of land.
Monty, Toku and Issy. It's almost like the three steriotypical wars you have in CivIV all rolled into one. I was NOT expecting it to progress that way at all.

Do I see Rheims being culturally invaded? ;)

Only with Privateers for now. I'm trying to soften him up even more before I go in for the kill.

I actually haven't played this game in a while. I'm juggling four different ones right now, i'll try to get back to this one once I finish with them.

Ummm....... party, now that you're far a bit, can you upload the save file?

Wow little bit impatient aren't you!:eek:
I have the day off school/work tomorrow so i'll finish the game then.
I'll come up with a plan on how to deal with this massive world war before then.
The map has gone to hell at the moment, almost every single civ is involved in a war of their own. Practically everyone is ganged up on either Tokugawa or Monty (so why the hell he would choose now to declare war is beyond me :crazyeye:)

Currently 2ed but i'm not worried at all becasue first place (Justinian) and third place (Willem) are huge allies of mine, both are pleased with me.

I'm thinking I'll just go for a Straight up domination victory, end the war on the eastern front after finishing off the French, invade Darius, then launch an amphibious assult on Izzy and Toku.
They are week and they all have managed to piss the rest of the world off so it SHOULD be an easy, upopposed fight.

Sorry! Wait just a darn second there.............. do you have a break today at school, party?

My dormates shouted loud when the news of a break today reached their very ears. BTW, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!

Top Bottom