Patch 1.17f Error Type "3"

dojoboy

Tsalagi
I just installed the patch and began GOTM #1.

For the first time, the game crashed.

I tried to attach file, but I don't know how to zip it. I met the Japanese (I believe). They traded me three techs for Iron Working plus 3 gold. After signing off, I was immediately hailed by the Perisans or Babylonians (forget). They offer tech trade. I try to get a lump sum of gold. When I click on lump sum, the game crashes. Everytime I reload the game crashes at the same point. I'm not positive if the game was heading for a crash or not, meaning - was the game gonna crash whether I click on lump sum or not.

Mac window replied something to the effect of, "program closed to error type 3."

Please advise.

Hmmm. Well, I started a new game and have been playing for about an hour or so now. Zero crashes!:) I wonder if the GOTM #1, being created before the Mac patch, is the cause.

Apologies for the double thread. I do not remember how it occured.

After installing the patch, I've had several crashing incidents as well, and they also seem consistent with what's been reported around here: Dialog with other rulers. I got machine-gunned with crashes on Saturday when several rulers were lined up to speak with me.

However!!! :enlighten

Ripping out all unnecessary system extensions finally allowed my (lined-up) visitors to complete their business and the game has gone on uninterrupted since then.

Hope this helps.

Well, I chose to go back and delete Civ3 and reinstall. I've seen where people discuss uninstalling the patch, but I'd never figure that out.

My reason was not the crashes, because it didn't crash in new games. I found that some UUs were obsolete before they could be capitalized on (e.g. Legionaire). By the time I built my first one, rival civs and myself had Pikemen. It seemed, to me, the tech advance rate was too fast for my liking.

Does this make since or not?

Top Bottom