Patch 3.13 - Still Worth the Wait?

How do you feel now?

• Yes

Votes: 128 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe it'll be worth the wait, lets wait and see.

Some things are just to priceless to lose, such as the improved AI Scouting. It can change your game completely. So i say yes, but the waiting is starting to get... well... BORING.

Well the patch will be released when Firaxis decides it

No, the patch will be released when Take Two decides to release it. The Publisher makes that decision, not the Developer. That's why Firaxis has no control over the release date.

Bh

During my cloak'n'dagger hours I "accidently" saw that Alexman was online yesterday (friday, a week after his famous or infamous post), and suddenly it hit me that his maneuver might actually have hurt Take2's popularity and that they might have something to do with all the silence...

Alex --> :spank: <-- Take2

hurt Take2's popularity
???? :dubious:

Since when does Take2 have positive popularity? They are a publisher it goes with the territory that they are generally reviled.

Testers probably found a showstopper in one of the many dozens of fixed bugs supposedly addressed and wanted to address it properly before releasing the patch. Alexman may have logged in but it it doesn't mean anything. My browser auto logs me in to several websites everytime I start it up including this one it doesn't mean I've read any threads. That or he could have seen the, shall we say, energetic response to his original thread and thought better of starting another enthusiastic debate until its actually finished.

It'll be worth the wait (even until tomorrow) and I bet everyone on the board will download it and enjoy it afterwords until the next patch is released.

A patch is a patch. It doesn't matter when its released it'll still do the same thing.

"Worth the wait".... as opposed to doing what exactly?

Of course it's "worth the wait" if you are interested in the game and look forward to seeing the changes.

Of course it's not "worth the wait" if you are not interested in the game.

It's not like people actually are "waiting".... not like you wait for a bus, for example. The majority of people can play the game, even if there are elements they don't accept are working as intended.

Perhaps you could have made this entire post more positive and more meaningful by saying:

"Are you looking forward to the patch?"

That would also help to convey people's impatience in a friendly manner.

"Worth the wait".... as opposed to doing what exactly?

Of course it's "worth the wait" if you are interested in the game and look forward to seeing the changes.

Of course it's not "worth the wait" if you are not interested in the game.

It's not like people actually are "waiting".... not like you wait for a bus, for example. The majority of people can play the game, even if there are elements they don't accept are working as intended.

Perhaps you could have made this entire post more positive and more meaningful by saying:

"Are you looking forward to the patch?"

That would also help to convey people's impatience in a friendly manner.

I agree. But I wanted to use the same question as in the original poll.

Cross posting and Cross-Poly-nating.

This showed up today...Courtesy of Alexman....

http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=5053707#post5053707

"The save format will be different, but it will be backwards compatible. That means you will be able to load v302 saves from v313, but you will not be able to load v313 saves from v302.

It should be out early next week. We had to go back and fix a couple of new bugs we introduced."

Just FYI.

I fail to see why so many people don't understand corporate realities. It's not like Fireaxis programers are sitting around eating donuts and intentionally holding back release of the patch. The patch has to go through their distributers QC, and it also has to be thouroughly play tested in house. These things take time. Personally I'm happy they are supplying us with information, and giving under the table to fixes via the "unoficial" patch.

The primary reason I want to see the patch is so we can get a HOF mod together and get a BotM started sometime within the next month. Mods have already indicated they will not start BotM until the patch comes out.

Still, there is no making the patch come out any faster with whining or complaining. I just hope it is in the next week so the HOF mod is ready in time.

Sam

I fail to see why so many people don't understand corporate realities. It's not like Fireaxis programers are sitting around eating donuts and intentionally holding back release of the patch. The patch has to go through their distributers QC, and it also has to be thouroughly play tested in house. These things take time. Personally I'm happy they are supplying us with information, and giving under the table to fixes via the "unoficial" patch.

Telling us that the patch will be out next week and then not following up on why it isn;t released as soon as it was implied to be released is really just a shockingly bad decision.

Top Bottom