Patch has removed the affinity choice!!

HiRezAudio

Prince
This will change things, I suspect.
Just run it up for the first time since installing the patch & the affinity choice is now gone.
The graphics have also changed - for the better, I think - and the Tectonic Scanner seems to be broken as resources do not appear until after dropping the first city.

That's just the changes noticed in 5 mins - this will be fun.

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

IIRC, techtonic scanner always worked like that.

If techtonic scanner is the thing that allows vision of strat.ressources from the start then no it didn't work like that at all ! at least half of its use for me was to choose which tile to settle on my first city in order to get the most strategic ressources in my three rings.

If techtonic scanner is the thing that allows vision of strat.ressources from the start then no it didn't work like that at all ! at least half of its use for me was to choose which tile to settle on my first city in order to get the most strategic ressources in my three rings.

It never did that. It always only revealed Titanium, Petroleum and Geothermal after you had landed.

It never did that. It always only revealed Titanium, Petroleum and Geothermal after you had landed.

And I can confirm this. At least in my games it always worked like that.

Same thing with continental surveyor. Coasts aren't revealed until after you land.

Right, it never showed hidden resources until you landed. There were some threads about that topic wondering if that's a bug back then. That's why when choosing tectonic scanner its a good idea to land on a "suboptimal" tile first and see if you're not destroying a resource by landing on the optimal tile and then reload the game - although that might be considered cheating.

Top Bottom