Patch incoming

I'm curious to see a before/after comparison of the forest and jungle art as well as the UI improvements.

Anyone has found something on this ?

Steam will never update a game that's running. I'm not sure it will update any game that any game is running, in fact.

I just exited Steam (all the way), and went back in, and it says "1 item downloading" now!

Yep, Civ5 update, size 88.1Mb.

V.1.0.3.18

I wonder how well this will affect late game speed. Will it drastically pick up the pace?

Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler :
The reason the patch is so big is that it ships basically all of the BNW assets, including a new intro movie, which you can watch if you are so inclined.

Weird, I dont get a 1GB kind of thing. Only the 80+ MB one.

Spoiler Alert:

That's not a spoiler, it's an anti-spoiler. People should read your post if they don't want to get a spoiler.

That's not a spoiler, it's an anti-spoiler. People should read your post if they don't want to get a spoiler.

Sorry, I wrote that kind of poorly. The new intro video and music don't play automatically on game load, you have to actually go to the files to find them. Some may not want to know about that I figure.

Weird, I dont get a 1GB kind of thing. Only the 80+ MB one.

Mine was something like 88MBs as well, not a gig. Perhaps it's because I didn't pre-order BNW? That'd make sense.

Anyhow, patching seems to have spectacularly destroyed my chances of playing with mods, as enabling more than a handful of mods will somehow make the game crash. I don't know why, but I was playing with that combination just fine until I updated the game :(

My imagination or the time between the turns is waaay down ?

1 gig update here and no bnw pre-order

Mine was something like 88MBs as well, not a gig. Perhaps it's because I didn't pre-order BNW? That'd make sense.

Anyhow, patching seems to have spectacularly destroyed my chances of playing with mods, as enabling more than a handful of mods will somehow make the game crash. I don't know why, but I was playing with that combination just fine until I updated the game :(

I have a BNW preorder so that's probably not it. Weird.

Can someone please release the intro video and the music of BNW please ?

Moderator Action: Do not upload BNW files, link to uploaded BNW files, or solicit the uploading of BNW files. Doing so may be regarded by CFC as a breach of the forum rules on piracy.

Wow, I am on a save, 361 turns in and I'm getting ridiculously fast between turn time right now. And the unit icons are different, at least for people still playing vanilla.

Can someone please release the intro video and the music of BNW please ?
There is a copyright on those assets, you wont have the authorization to upload them.

Moderator Action: So, do not make such request please

Alrighty then. I'm pissed. I had no idea any sort of patch was coming out until after the fact of it installing itself. And now I can't load the mods I was using - the game crashes before it completes loading them - so I can't get to my saved games, etc.

Any way to revert to the previous version?

Top Bottom