Patch today!

Yeah, just fired-up the game and it was updated!

Haven't seen a change log yet.

EDIT:

Looking at my files, it looks like just the source files have been updated.

But, I don't mean "just" in that it's small, just that it was the only thing updated.

I know Firaxis promised a quick patch that would combine trade units into a single amphibious unit. That might be it. Plus, it might also be the hotfix for the alliance bug.

I know Firaxis promised a quick patch that would combine trade units into a single amphibious unit. That might be it. Plus, it might also be the hotfix for the alliance bug.
probably this. they did say they were going the combine the two trade units

It's probably just the hotfix that they spoke of, the other stuff we'll have to wait for.

SK, no, trade units haven't been combined yet.

RM, no, I still can't build the Vivarium that I still need for Familiar Exotics 2.

I don't have the expansion yet, but I was just patched. Hmm. Maybe not the hotfix, or at least they've done something to the original base game too.

I forget, what was the hotfix for again? For messy declarations of war with/against multiple allies?

Regarding the whole war score system, I know Dave said they have something in store that he thinks we'll like, but I don't see something like that coming out for at least another month or so.

Can anybody test out the alliance bug in their current game?

I can't, my three allies are only cooperating with each other. I wanted to declare war on one and see if the other follows or wars with both of us.

I forget, what was the hotfix for again? For messy declarations of war with/against multiple allies?

Regarding the whole war score system, I know Dave said they have something in store that he thinks we'll like, but I don't see something like that coming out for at least another month or so.

The hotfix was for the alliance bug where only the player would get sucked into wars by allies (the AI ally would not auto-DoW when the player was attacked). Plus, there was funky stuff with the player auto-DoW both allies when they would go to war each other.

I agree about the war score. They never mentioned a hot fix for it. I am guessing they are working on something more comprehensive, hopefully some way to change the peace terms.

The hotfix was for the alliance bug where only the player would get sucked into wars by allies (the AI ally would not auto-DoW when the player was attacked). Plus, there was funky stuff with the player auto-DoW both allies when they would go to war each other.

I agree about the war score. They never mentioned a hot fix for it. I am guessing they are working on something more comprehensive, hopefully some way to change the peace terms.
so why did I get an update? I don't own rising tide.

it was just a 9mb patch but not sure what its for.

so why did I get an update? I don't own rising tide.

it was just a 9mb patch but not sure what its for.

maybe its a small hotfix for the base game. I know the amphibious trade unit hotfix is for the base game too but someone said that it is not that.

it's the alliance hotfix:
http://www.civilization.com/en/news/2015-10-beyond-earth-rising-tide-hotfix-now-available/

The team has just released a hotfix for the Alliance system in Beyond Earth Rising Tide. Previously, there were some cases where a player would go to war, but their allies would not join them in the fight.
Now, when a player declares war, all the player’s allies will also declare war on the target. If you are at war, and then you form an alliance with a faction that has not yet met your opponent, your new ally will not join the war automatically, since they don’t have prior diplomatic contact. This change will not apply to existing save games with an active war or alliance, but will apply to all games going forward.
Please update Rising Tide if you are not set to automatically receive updates to the game. We’ll continue to keep you posted as we make changes to Beyond Earth: Rising Tide.

... you've got to be kidding me.

THAT'S what they think the issue is? THAT'S what they thought all the constant comments were about from the pre-release playthrough? They told us they heard our pleas about warscore and THIS is the promised hotfix?

What the hell is going on in the dev team?!?

THAT'S what they think the issue is? THAT'S what they thought all the constant comments were about from the pre-release playthrough? They told us they heard our pleas about warscore and THIS is the promised hotfix?

The devs already stated that the war score fix will be separate. This was just a hotfix for alliances. The war score fix will be bigger and will come later.

Umm....the hotfix was never related to war score. The hotfix was always regards to alliance BUG.

Honestly, that's news to me. Equally disappointing but at least they're communicating as such. Can you link me to where they said this?

Honestly, that's news to me. Equally disappointing but at least they're communicating as such. Can you link me to where they said this?

It was the first post in the thread entitled "Official confirmation from David McDonough on Diplomacy Bugs". Dave McDonough posted this on Reddit:

Originally Posted by FXS_DMcDonough
Just want to chime in and confirm this. We heard the concerns about war and peace here, here, and at Firaxicon, and we're looking at a solution we think you'll like. On behalf of the BE team, thanks for your feedback!

Also, in the live stream last Thursday, Pete Murray confirmed that there would be a hotfix for the alliance bug and that the devs were working on the war score issue as well.

Um, that's not a confirmation on two seperate fixes. He never even says warscore, that's just vague placative speak ("A solution we think you'll like"). How do you know he wasn't referring to this patch?

EDIT: Didn't see your last sentence. Wasn't there for the livestream, so if that's the case I stand corrected.

Top Bottom