patches dont work

Civ4newbie

Warlord
i am trying to download the correct patches so i can play civ4 beyond the sword expansion set withwindows 10 and patch3.19 doesnt do the trick as i canot get it out of winrare and it tells me the archive is corrupt. i tried instaling 3.17 but that doesnt do anything to get the game working. what do i need to do to get the game working?i canot even get civ4 vinilla to work either as when i open and run it under administrator a error pops up saying it cnaot start becuase msucp7.dll is missing. please help

Hello, I'm still do not understand this Patching-Issue on Win 10 (why tell Winrar that the file is corrupt?! The patch is an (self extracting) executable.), but probably I could help.

I uploaded the content of Patch 3.19 here
This Zip contains all changed/patches files. Extract it manually and and compare the folder structure with your Civ4 installation. (I assumed the classical structure [Vanilla folder], [Vanilla folder]/Warlords, and [Vanillal folder]/Beyond the Sword)
Second, made a backup of your Civ4 (and Warlords/BTS folder…)
Then, copy the files of the patch over the existing ones.

Alternativly, check why *.exe extensions are assigned to Winrar on your system.

i did as you sugested and it did not work but its possible i did not do it correctly. I dont have warlords by the way, just the beyond the sword expanson cd pack, iam able to extract the files from 3.19 and did as you stated but it told me to abort instalation again, now what do it do?!? do you think you can post what to do step by step and possibly show pictures, thanks for the speedy responce by the way.

I assume it would be better if I post screenshot of your failing approach. I use Linux and the pictures give you less new information. :)

0) Install Civ4 and BTS from the DVD. I can just speculating if already here Win 10 made problems...

1) Download and extract the Patch Zip. You do not need any 3rd-party software for this step. Just click right on the file and select "Extract ..." from the Conext menu. (Well, Winrar edited this menu as well :mischief:.)

Here, I've download and extract it into Civ Patch 3.19 (image 1).

2) The second image shows the Folder of my installation of Civ4 with Warlords and BTS. Most changes of Warlords are available without this addon, too. You can ignore the non-existence of this folder.

Copy the content of the patch folder into the second one.

Attachments

• screenshot301.jpg
    screenshot301.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 461
  • screenshot300.jpg
    screenshot300.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 350
hi again, i folowed it, instaled civ4 and bts but there is no main BTS file to copy over. 3.19 file witch has a BTS file in it is the only bts file that exists on my pc. i may have not explained this but i canot install BTS, it aborts me from instalation, please, what do i need to do?

hey what hapened? anyway i thought in order to help me even better is to make a youtube video, please respond as soon as you can

Top Bottom