Pay Pal thread

ezzlar

Emperor
First of all I just would like to say that this is a great mod! In fact its the only mod I play since a few months back.

However, the continuing development is all up to the persons spending their free time improving the mod. Since it has a such high quality, on par with commercial products, do you think a small monetary award would speed up progress? After all, time is money!

First of all I just would like to say that this is a great mod! In fact its the only mod I play since a few months back.

However, the continuing development is all up to the persons spending their free time improving the mod. Since it has a such high quality, on par with commercial products, do you think a small monetary award would speed up progress? After all, time is money!

No.
1. The modders are doing this because they want, not for the money. (Their are better ways to earn money. And a lot more)
2. The problem is that the main modders don't have enough time to do the hard coding. And the modders who have time, don't have the capabilities. (like me) And you can't buy time for the main modders. (if you could, you would be millionair in a day)

Tnx, but actually no. Merijn's answer fully covered me.

Also: Legal issues. Companies tend to jump on mods that make money. That's why it's almost always better for enterprising, plucky, young game designers to go into the indie game scene when they transcend the mod business (just like FfH2 apparently did now...).

Cheers, LT.

Top Bottom