[BTS] PBEM Bismarck

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
PBEM - BISMARCK

INTRODUCTION
This is a WW II PBEM, based on the 1941 scenario built by El Hidalgo. The starting date is May 1941, just before the war between Germany and USSR. For simplicity purposes, some players will play with 2 Nations.

SETTINGS
Game Version: BtS 3.19
Scenario: WW II - 1941 by El Hidalgo adapted by Luthor
World Size: Huge
Speed: Epic or Marathon
Players: 5 human players

GAME OPTIONS
No City Flipping from Culture
Raging BArbarians
Agressive AI
No Tech Trading
Require Complete Kills
No Vassal States

VICTORY CONDITIONS
=> Conquest, Domination, Space Race, Target points

NATIONS & PLAYERS
00. Germany - Player 1
01. Commonwealth - PLayer 2
02. Minor Allies - PLayer 2
07. USA - Player 3
08. China - Player 3
09. USSR - Player 4
05. Japan - PLayer 5
17. Minor Axis - PLayer 1

PLAYERS
Player 1 - Available
Player 2 - Available
Player 3 - Luthor
Player 4 - Available
Player 5 - Available

TRACKER
Hopefully...

Last edited:
HOUSE RULES
HOUSE RULES STILL UNDER ELABORATION

No attack on units on the first turn except for NEW wars (*)

Players should play with the interest of the own Civ in mind. Actions made for denial purposes only are NOT allowed.
Each human player can only fire ONE nuclear weapon per turn
Only Germany, USA or USSR can build the Manhattan Project
Each human players can only use maximum of 2 (two) nuclear weapons until they are victim of one of those weapons
Each player should do their best to play within 2 days

- Units can not be airflifted. Exception: units that can not attack (CEO’s, GP’s, Spies, workers, Scouts, etc)
USA can not declare war until December 1941.
Once started, wars can not end until one capital has been conquered.

(*) Germany is at war with UK. Therefore it can not attack UK units on Turn1.
Germany is not at war with USSR. So it can declare war and attack on Turn1

Last edited:
Huh? Why shouldn't the Soviet Union be able to build Manhattan Project if Germany can?

Comrade Michkov reporting for duty.

Huh? Why shouldn't the Soviet Union be able to build Manhattan Project if Germany can?

Agreed if Germany can so can the CCCP, they got about the same progress in during the war with the Soviets stealing the tech from the Americans, in civ parlence.

Didn't the Americans completed the Manhattan Project with German scientists? If Germany hadn't lost the war, they could have been the first to build it.

The Russians copied the bomb from the Americans. So it is highly unlikely that they could have done it before the Americans.

For gameplay balance I could change the house rule to allow USSR to also build it.

Last edited:
Expat German scientist worked on the Manhattan Project but Germany didn't pursue an atomic bomb program during the war. The British got even further with their Tube Alloys Project (brit. Manhatten equivalent) until they pooled their resources with the Americans. As for the Russians pretty much stealing the plans I'm not sure about the timeline, but IIRC most happened from 45 onwards.

Anyway for game purposes could you increase the costs for individual civs?

Didn't the Americans completed the Manhattan Project with German scientists? If Germany hadn't lost the war, they could have been the first to build it.

Not according to Nazi racial theory, no. By the time the scenario starts all relevant scientists had left Germany long ago, to say nothing of the Nazis' disdain for the "Jewish pseudo-science" that enabled the research of nuclear weapons in the first place. You do know we are talking about a regime here that quite happily burned books in public and based its entire ideology around racist pseudo-science, that tends to hamper progress a bit. Also the British and the Americans pooled their resources and the US are OP enough as it is (in real life) and they still only got done after having defeated Germany with conventional means.

I don't know what exactly the tech tree looks like, but nuclear weapons should be the very last thing in it. Realistically only the Americans should have a chance of even researching them before the war ends unless the Soviet Union or Germany or the British are exceedingly successful very early on.

I'd rather we make the tech and/or the project more expensive than instituting a house rule.

By the time the scenario starts all relevant scientists had left Germany long ago
If that was so, how did they build the V1 and V2 bombs? And the innovative ME-262 ?

I'd rather we make the tech and/or the project more expensive than instituting a house rule.
This game will be standard BtS. So I do not think that it is possible to do what you propose without creating a MOD.

So we will have to make houserules regarding it. Maybe we can delay the research of the Nuclear Fission Tech and/or the completion of the Manhattan Project.

If that was so, how did they build the V1 and V2 bombs? And the innovative ME-262 ?

Because they didn't require in-depth knowledge of quantum physics, which the Nazis denounced as Jewish pseudo-science? Those are all just progressing classical Newtonian physics.

This game will be standard BtS. So I do not think that it is possible to do what you propose without creating a MOD.

Oh? Huh. Maybe I should take an actual look at the scenario then. ^^

Edit: Hm, it would also help if you actually cared to provide a link to the scenario.

Okay so, I took a look at the scenario as per your mail:

Funny how the state with the world's first paratrooping branch starts without Flight, huh.

Even more entertaining: The Soviet Union starts with Caste System but Jim Crow's America with Emancipation.

Nazi Germany neither had a centrally planned economy nor was it a Theocracy.

Apparently Forges didn't exist anywhere in the world in 1941, huh.

It's really jarring to hear the Marseillaise play whenever you contact Hitler, to say nothing of Chang Kai-shek being represented by his mortal enemy.

Also tiny irrelevant little Budapest takes Vienna's rightful place, pah!

Also also what the hell is up with the Free French Forces? Their civics would have been outdated by the standards of Louis XIV!

I can't really say I'm very happy with the supposed historical accuracy of this scenario. :/

Where can I see this scenario? Is it provided by email only?

Top Bottom