PBEM Four Players with Self Alliance

Just waitin' around for "da bomb"...
Dutch: bombarded the mountain stack. A suicide Cavalry captured 4 unguarded German Artillery and destroyed them. :nono:
Korea: Bombarded the usual stack.

I forgot about your cavalry. I knew you didn't have any three movement tanks, but I forgot about the horsies. I will try not to be so stupid next turn.

Battle reports:
Greece:
Sank a Carthage destroyer
Sank an English Battleship

Germany:
Bombed the Korean stack.
Bombed land around Rotterdam.
Killed that cavalry.
Lost 8 bombers.

Battle report:
Greece:
Sank a Carthage battleship
Bombed the Korean stack

Germany:
Lost 6 bombers
Killed an English fighter
Bombed some English land
Bombed the Dutch city.

Battle report:
Greece:
Sank 2 Carthage battleships.
Lost 1 battleship.

Germany:
Bombed the Dutch city with artillery.
I have suspended all air bombing until I can replenish my air force.
I am about ready to implement "Plan B". I sure hope it works :eek:

Battle report:
Greece:
Bombed the Koreans

Germany:
Lost 6 bombers then quit the air campaign
Bombed the Dutch city.

I'm going to stop posting battle reports here because they don't pertain to everybody. I will just send them to the person involved.

peace has been made between dogboy the German / Greek and zurichuk the Englander / Cart but will not show in the diplomacy screen due to the game crashing upon accept

:lol: I guess that poison-pill virus I put into the saved game in case anybody made peace with the warmonger Dogboy worked!

errhhmm. Just kidding, btw... Corruption error during transmittal possibly?

don't know, I actually had the same problem once in a PTW PBEM which crashed whenever I clicked on Active for deals with a human, I have a feeling that diplomacy must be enforced for 20 turns with humans and doing something against this crashes it, my theory can be tested in 2 turns

Plan "B" went into effect and was very successful. I said I was going to give RJ a choice between Plan "B" and plan "C", but I didn't. Plan "C" probably will not be needed.

The Korean capital has been Nuked, resulting in losses of millions of innocent civilians and the majority of the Korean army. It the rest of the world going to sit idly by and let this atrocity pass? :mad:
And I should not need to remind anyone that all this military action from the very beginning has been completely unprovoked!

***GLARES AT CIVFANATIC***

Yes, the Greeks did nuke the Koreans. But no, this was not an unprovoked act of war. The Koreans have wronged the Greeks since the beginning of this game. I have warned the Koreans to leave the Greeks alone and let us live in peace, but the Koreans never complied. In fact, it was just last turn that the Koreans razed a Grecian city to the ground! How many civilian deaths did that cause? More than was necessary I can assure you. You raze one of my cities, I nuke one of yours.

Since when?? Name one act of hostility (Besides last turn, when a small encampment of greeks was destroyed because they camped on the gravesite of a former Korean city of millions!) the Koreans have perpetrated against the Greeks! NOT ONE! That's right. Not one provocation. They have been peace-abiding since the dawn of time itself. Something must be done to stop this warmongering monstrosity of an excuse for a human race(s)! (And also because they are evidently COMPLETELY self-delusional! )

I dare you to name one "wrong against the Greeks by the Koreans" in past history. What lies can you dredge up out of that warped memory of yours?

To anyone who cares to listen,
The Koreans are forever allied to the Dutch. The Dutch have wronged the Germans/Greeks. Therefore, the Koreans have wronged the Germans/Greeks. This started many years ago and has been documented in posts from post #78. You can read them all and focus on post # 96 and 100. This is not something new. The best defense is a good offense. I'm simply trying to protect my nations, and if I have to destroy others to do so, then I will. The sooner the Koreans are destroyed, the sooner the Greeks/Germans, as well as the rest of the world, can live in peace.

The Dutch have been destroyed. They have been destroyed for many turns now but just haven't posted in a while. We were plagued with a bug where every time I killed the last Dutch city the game would crash. Thankfully RJ did the honorable thing and retired the Dutch when I informed him of this problem. The Greeks/Germans now own almost their entire continent except for a few Korean cities.

The game is over. Germany launched it's spaceship leaving the world behind. I said I would post my thoughts on the game and I will do that as soon as I have some time. It will probably be Tuesday night before I have time. Good game to all who played, especially those that joined in the middle of the game.

Well Good! Says I. Them dam' Germans are well enough rid of. They can have their stinking new planet while we try to clean up the mess they made of good ol' Earth. :p

I have no observations except that the Germans and Greeks both had great start positions and (this is the most crucial part) they were the only alliance to start close to each other to provide mutual support. The obscene amount of resources they got their territory (everything except Oil) was near unbelievable, and was the main reason they won so easily over the Dutch.

I still don't understand what happened with Civfanatic during the crucial negotiating period before Germany attacked the Netherlands and Byzantium. If we stood united, the outcome would have been far from assured. That seemed blindingly obvious to everyone who took one look at the map. (Except Civfanatic, it seems!). That decision of his, more than any other single factor, decided the outcome of the game.

Oh yeah. Dogboy's decision not to kill off the Koreans did not win any gratitude from me. Why prolong the agony?

This is how the game happened from my perspective. I do not mean to cast doubts on anybody's playing style or decisions, nor do I mean to be mean, but some people made some bad mistakes. Of course, they did not think they were making mistakes at the time but hindsight is 20/20. Often I will annotate the civs in a manner of G/G for Greece and Germany, B/P for Byzantines and Portugal, E/C for England and Carthage, and D/K for Dutch and Korea. DogBoy was playing the G/G alliance. Predesad was playing the B/P alliance. Zurichuk was playing the E/C alliance. Apricon was playing the D/K alliance. Anyway...

INITIAL SET-UP
After settling both my civs I realized I was close together and beelined my scouting warriors towards each other to meet. Contrary to what Rubberjello has said, my land actually sucked. The only thing I had going for me that was really any good was my civs were close to each other. Of course "sucked" is a relative term. The Dutch had some bad land with lots of jungles and the Koreans had some bad land with lots of desert, so that alliance was also hurting. The Byzantines were crammed in between the Koreans and the Greeks in jungles, but the Portuguese had some very nice lands, so that alliance was semi-ok. The English were alone but were without water but the Carthaginians had some very nice land so that alliance was semi-ok. Zurichuk you can tell me if I'm wrong but that's the way it looks from my point of view.

EARLY DIPLOMACY
I found the Byzantines early and made peace and I found the Dutch early and made peace. What I did not know at the time was that the Dutch and Byzantines made peace a tech trade deal. This is where the problems began. The Portuguese were popping goody huts left and right and getting techs that the Dutch/Korean team were supposed to be researching and the D/K leader wanted those techs for free. Then I traded the Dutch iron working,a tech that the B/P team was researching and the D/K leader refused to give it to the B/P team. That was a HUGE mistake as it cause a rift between them. I don't know why Apricorn was acting this way because it cost him a good ally. A big mistake I made was I had iron working and had an iron source close to my German capitol, about 4 spaces away, and I traded iron working to Apricorn. He immediately settled next to that iron source. I think I actually slapped myself for that stupid mistake. Settling next to the iron source instead of on top was a HUGE HUGE mistake and I will explain shortly. Anyway, I found out that the B/P and the D/K team had allied to kill Germany and I threatened to kill Predesad. He confessed everything to me and we signed a peace treaty that would last until 500AD. Using this knowledge, I planned to destroy the Dutch before they could hurt me.

EARLY WARS
The Dutch were doing the best out of any civ in the game for the longest time. True some of their land was bad, but some was also very good. They expanded faster than anybody, they had the strongest military, they had more points, and they grabbed more wonders than any other civ. I had mobilized my forces to grab the iron city near the German capitol and was about to attack when the worst thing happened. The Dutch got a SGL and rushed the Great Library. This allowed them to build their Swiss Mercanaries which I didn't think I would be able to destroy. They upgrade all their spearmen to their UU and I moved into their land. Apricorn was very skilled and he got some awesome RNG. He killed quite a few of my hoplites and I was never able to attack his cities. I made a peace deal with him that if he would give me the iron city and one other city near his capitol I would go to peace with him. He laughed at my offer. He fortified the iron with a few Swiss Mercanaries so I could'nt pillage it. I moved my stack of death north towards the city by his capitol and I moved a German warrior into his lands far away from where we were fighting and told him the warrior was a scout and I had more forces coming and once again demanded peace and the cities. He laughed and killed a couple more of my hoplites. However, what he did do was move his forces off the iron source to reinforce his cities to the north. The next turn I had two galleys loaded with spearmen that sailed over and landed on his iron. It was so funny because they iron was in a lake and he never thougth I would build ships in a lake. The next turn he gave me peace, the iron city, and the city about five spaces away from his capitol. All he had to do was check his military advisor and he would have seen I was a paper tiger. I think my military advisor said I was weak compared to him. But I think he panicked because the Byzantines were blocking his Korean forces and he didn't think he could fight my two civs with just one civ. I know he was probably thinking he was doomed and that's what it looked like from his perspective, but he had actually killed almost my entire force and all I had left was about three hoplites, three catapults, and two medieval infantry. As for Germany, I had about three archers for my offense and a dozen spearmen.

NEW LEADERSHIP
Apricorn left the game and Rubberjello took his place. Predesad left the game and civaddict took his place. They both agreed to keep the same deals in order to be fair to me and Zurichuk.

BROKEN DEALS LEAD TO WAR
Civaddict broke a deal with me and for some reason refused to give me a luxury and I don't remember why. We had a series of tech trades that would have sped our research along and that made me mad. When he refused to send me the luxury, I moved forces into his land and forced him to give me the luxury. That was a mistake on his part, and probably a mistake on my part. It wasn't soon afterwards that I realized the E/C and the D/K teams were catching up to me in techs. I didn't know how that was possible because both my civs were scientific and the Portuguese were now the biggest civ. I suspected that civaddict had double crossed me and was trading with the other teams. Sure enough when I reseached a tech I was supposed to research civaddict already had it. He claimed he forgot what he was supposed to be researching so I shrugged it off. Then it happened again and I kept quiet but I fast teched to another tech neither of us was supposed to be researching and he already had it. That was when I knew he had double crossed me. I thought that if he had done that then he had allied with the other two civs. I had just finished a game with Rubberjello in which both of us allied together to fight off the bigger player, and since he had made the comment several times I was the biggest player, I suspected the same thing was happening in this game. The final thing was I saw some Carthage ships off Dutch coastal waters with a bunch of Carthage infantry. My advisor said they were not at war.

A LENGTHY WAR
Due to everything that I thought was going on, I decided to strike the others before they could strike me. Soon after I captured all the Byzantine cities but he had already built a city on an island. That same turn I captured a few of the important Dutch cities. I told Carthage I had attacked them because I thought they were coming after me, but if I had made a mistake I would pay them for the damages and we could make peace. They told me no and so the entire world was plunged into war. This war lasted for a long time with most of the civs and never ended between the G/G team and the Koreans. The war was three civs against my Germans/Greeks.

MASTER DIPLOMAT
I don't know why the B/P team double crossed me, but I felt I had to get somebody back on my side. I didn't want the D/K team on my side because I wanted their land. I tried to get the E/C team on my side but they didn't want peace. Plus they had obviously been working together for so long I knew he wouldn't join my side. Also, the Portuguese had oil which I needed. I sent the B/P team an e-mail telling him he had 2 choices. Choice 1 was he didn't ally me. If I killed the D/K team I was coming after him and I would destroy him and never make peace. However, if everybody was successul in killing me then I told him what would happen to me. I told him the D/K team and the C/E team had been allied for so long they would stay allied. The D/K team would have their own continent and then Carthage would want their own land and would use both their civs to kill the Portuguese. So it didn't matter he I won or lost the war, he was going to lose in the long run. Choice 2 was the better choice for him because while the D/K and the C/E team were busy fighting me he could sneak attack Carthage and have his own land all to himself. And since Carthage just landed a HUGE army (I think I exaggerated a little bit to him) on my land then Carthage must be weak and he could defeat them easily. If he chose choice 2 then we would remain at peace for the rest of the game and make it a space race if we were the only two civs left, or either of us could try and go for domination. I can't believe he actually bought it, but like I said, hindsight is 20/20 and it probably looked good to him at the time.

LONG WAR
The war between the G/G versus the D/K and the C/E team lasted for a long time. I won it in the long run eliminating the Dutch and dropping a nuke on the Koreans. I was sure I was going to lose the game from here because I was expecting the Portuguese to attack Carthage and eliminate them from the game but it never happened. I never did destroy the Koreans because the game was getting very tedious, so I just blocked them in and teched fast.

SPACE RACE
Finally I saw Portugal and Carthage fight and I was happy because I was teching so fast I knew that would slow them down. It must have been an even match because I never saw any cities change hands. Both my civs built spaceships and when Germany launched Greece was 9/10 done and the last part would have taken two more turns. The Portuguese were two techs behind me when I launced.

THOUGHTS
-Diplomacy played a huge part in this game. The D/K and the B/P team could have killed me so easily in the beginning but the D/K team got selfish with the techs and ruined their relationship. The B/P team broke our deal which caused us to go to war. I made peace with the B/P team which ensured my survival and ultimate victory.

-I don't like accelerated production. It just made things so difficult throughout the game. Starting from early build when Apricorn literally skyrocked ahead of everybody because he obvioulsy knew how to play with AP and the land he was given, to late game when my cities were making infantry and artillery in one turn. My late golden age for Germany was non-existent as I was already producing units every turn, so all I did was just waste a bunch of shields.

-It was definately a fun game.

Top Bottom