PBEM Grudge Match.

magnusmarcus

Prince
Game is reseting. Current players are....

GAME 1
Goonie seth87@gmail.com Persia
Emp emperornapoloen@netscape.net Rome
ClassicalHero mozart@istnet.net.au China
Pegster dhkull@hotmail.com Germans
RegentMan TitanicWhiz18@comcast.net Mayans

Game 2
Donovan donovan_zoi@civfanatics.net Mongols
Dave dshack85705@netscape.net Persia
Ankka ankka777@gmail.com Celts
Matrix civ3@straland.com Iroquois
MagnusMarcus hendoo11@gmail.com Sumeria?

This is not the order of play but these are the assigned groups.
(I will be resorting them based on time zone)

Please post with the civ you would like to play... I'll pick last to be fair.

I'd join but I rarely use my family comp...

And PBEMs are too slow for me.

To make it really worth spending your time, it is a good idea to play either a Conquests scenario or a custom balanced map checked for consistency.

akots said:
To make it really worth spending your time, it is a good idea to play either a Conquests scenario or a custom balanced map checked for consistency.

I agree. Perhaps you could put a custom balanced map together for us?

I'm not an experienced mapmaker but I can certainly try. Need to know:

1) How many players and what civilizatons
2) What map specifications (continents/Pangea/archipelago, size, age, water, etc.)
3) Other optional settings (barbarians, scientific leaders, difficulty, etc.)
4) Any other desired tweaks (luxuries/resource/starting conditions, locked alliances, etc.)
5) Passwords for all players pm'ed to me since the first turn has to be played by mapmaker.

Also, there are usually a few options. It can be a completely hand-mape map very symmetrical which gives an extremely balanced gameplay. Or it can be just random map slightly edited to ensure the balance.

akots said:
I'm not an experienced mapmaker but I can certainly try. Need to know:

1) How many players and what civilizatons
2) What map specifications (continents/Pangea/archipelago, size, age, water, etc.)
3) Other optional settings (barbarians, scientific leaders, difficulty, etc.)
4) Any other desired tweaks (luxuries/resource/starting conditions, locked alliances, etc.)
5) Passwords for all players pm'ed to me since the first turn has to be played by mapmaker.

Also, there are usually a few options. It can be a completely hand-mape map very symmetrical which gives an extremely balanced gameplay. Or it can be just random map slightly edited to ensure the balance.

Lets do a random map edited to be fair.

1.) We need to wait for a least another day to be sure but I'm thinking between 6 and 8 players.
2.) Random map specifications except standard size map and standard age.
3.) The same barbarian, scientific and difficulty settings as the current isdg
4.) No locked alliances as there is currently no locked alliances now.
5.) Yup okie doke....lets wait till friday at 1700 (EST) to close the invitational.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

So were at six....(Saving a slot for Provo even tho he hasn't responded yet) Room for 2 more'

I'd like to play.

I am not very talented, but would quite enjoy it!

seth87@gmail.com

magnusmarcus said:
So were at six....(Saving a slot for Provo even tho he hasn't responded yet) Room for 2 more'
Provolution won't be here for a couple of days due to an uncontrollable urge to troll. You might want to consider PM-ing him.

I'm not really active in this forum but... I'd like to have a good PBEM match with CFC's representatives. So I'll join in as your 8th.

wizatmath@aol.com

Now that we have all 8 players lets discuss the settings.

I would like to have the settings closely mirror what we may experience in the ISDG.

1.) Civs should be random but..be of the ancient or early feudel age to include the Maya, the Iriquois, and the Persians. Let Akots determine the rest of the civs and who plays what...

2.) Map size...standard...Map type...Random... Map age... average.

3) Other optional settings (barbarians, scientific leaders, difficulty, etc.) Should mirror the ISDG

4) No locked alliances, Random starting position exept edited for balance.

As stated this is a discussion. Feel free to say your 2 cents worth. When everyone says there ok with the settings and sends there private password to akots via pm, Akots can begin putting the map together.

IMHO, it would be nice to select our nationalities :D

Top Bottom