PBEM Olympus - City of Gods

I don't believe that I will win this pbem. Dionys (aka Sinimusta) has cracked the lack of oil issue and has land units on the central island.

Yes Dionys has decided to send her best and most well-equipped warriors to deal with rebellious Hades and restore the rule of Zeus. The task force has landed and will now see if their bravery and arms are enough for the task. We have received some help from Gaia recently due to our active resistance against the forces of Hades.

Since Dionys saw that her empire is smaller and more backwards than some others, she felt this was the only chance for her. And this would also please the gods.

(The solution to lack of oil was uranium, but actually a significant part of the fleet was wooden. I had to take some risks due to the time constraint to accomplish the landing.)

I failed to realize how poorly Hades defends his cities. Another example of not looking hard enough at various things. From what I can see, you have more than enough units to capture Olympus.

yeah ... but he totally missed the landing party. Waste of a good firework!

I failed to realize how poorly Hades defends his cities.
With the movements that I made from the God's cities to the boats... and you never noticed that I was making an effort to withdraw all gunpowder units from 'my' cities?

Gaia has soooooooooooooo many unused troops... and Great People... :twitch:

Ok, the game is over and Olympos is liberated from usurper Hades. I'll do a longer story post later. Let's just say that I didn't expect to win this game at almost any point except very near the end. :)

Is the game over? Please tell us, what has happened! And please share the world map! I have never seen Hades Island.

I sent the turn if you want to take a last look.

Here are some screenies.

Olympos:

My other nuked city:

Ruff got also hit:

Look at what wonders there are in the divine site:

The forces that I had included a supermedic SAM, C3CR3 -panzer, combatVI-marines and combatVI-inf + CR3C1-inf, so with so highly promoted units, no wonder the city could be taken. I got some GGs in the end ;).

At the end I just stopped teching and went all in for rushbuying, universal suffrage is good for situations like these.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-19_21-52-19.png
    upload_2019-3-19_21-52-19.png
    4 MB · Views: 144
  • upload_2019-3-19_21-53-4.png
    upload_2019-3-19_21-53-4.png
    4 MB · Views: 165
Sinimusta congrats on your victory!

could u please pass the turn forward so that everyone can take one last look at it?

NONONO ... got to play another 4 or 5 turns and start to party in the new world.

Congrats Sinimusta

Congratulations Sinimusta for your fantastic win! :) Since I joined this game, as a replacement of Imp. Knodoel, I always thought that Ruff would win this game, as he was so ahead in tech advancements.

Cheers to all players! Great game!

PS: I have played and uploaded this last turn to the tracker.

I have it. Was hoping to get the admin password so I could time travel back to the past and try my hand at a 'sinimusta'

I will try and send it on today.

Edit: Actually ... I don't have it. I have 0015-September to GAIA ... and so does everyone.

Last edited:
I cracked open Jan 0014 with the admin password ... some 24 turns before Sinimusta won this pbem. I retired everyone (apart from Uncle) from the game. It was funny watching GAIA attack the privateers. Retiring HADES resulted in him actually attacking some of my units.

Game plan ...
  • fired off golden age
  • arranged to pop a Great Merchant in 10 tunes
    • if I get a GM, then I can fire off a second golden age - and finish this game in an extended GA!
  • Set tech to Robotics (guided missiles and missile cruisers)
    • I was already teching this so that is nice
    • will take about 4-6 turns at 0% science
  • set harbor cities on drydocks (if they don't have one)
  • every other city is either infantry or artillery
  • set rally point near Gomorrah

Well ... game plan didn't last long. First turn, Hades invaded and dropped mechanical infantry, tanks and artillery next to my cities. He has tons of destroyers and battleships and enough aircraft carriers to make heaps of pillaging runs against my improvements. I don't think he likes pork as he kept on blowing up my pig pastures.

I calculated that I could lose 5 units to every one of his as I have a metric ton of cities ... and he only has 3 - 2 that can harass me with units.

He did this a few times ...

… which meant that I really, really tried to capture those cities … unit loss became tertiary in these situations.

I did duck his 4 nukes … The Germans got their capital burn down. Several times.

I spent some EP on Hades so I could see his graphs …

Yes. About four of them ... coastal. I gave them up as lost and then made him pay ... those unit listings above were in my old cities.

I wrapped it up (Captured is capital) December 15 ... the same turn you did. I was about 2 units short of doing it in November.

Top Bottom