1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PDF: Civ4 BtS reference sheet

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by dj_anion, Aug 6, 2007.

1. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Great work Anion, really amazing!

2. MarkM

MarkM Cow Herder

If not the entire missing manual, it is at least the missing appendices! This is ... ASTONISHING. Very, very, very professionally done. thank you so very much. The booklet format is that little extra touch that just puts this over the top.

I was proud to be the first person to give the CFC booklet download an A+ rating (come on folks, this took him two weeks -- amazing just that -- and 88 downloaded the booklet before me without giving it a rating. Share the love!)

:goodjob: :thumbsup: :clap: :worship: :high5:

3. Drakan

Drakan Voluntas Omnia Vincit

Thanks Anion, great contribution. Wish these charts came in an expansion pack.

4. LlamaCat

LlamaCat Chieftain

at first I thought: oh great, another useless reference list that just repeats everything I can more easily find in the Civilopedia. But I must say this is amazing... I have never seen such a handy reference for all the leader personalities and diplomatic modifiers.. so I guess you took all this from the xml code. Great job, you could charge people on here for this!

5. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

Agreed to all the above posters! This is outstanding work! :goodjob:
    Thank you so much on behalf of all the civvers who were looking for something like that - This is gonna help me big time getting into BtS more deeply!! :thumbsup:

Should be stickied IMO or at least this should get a news-post on the start-page with a direct dl-link! :D

6. LlamaCat

LlamaCat Chieftain

can you explain some of the statistics and what they mean:

peace prob % 0/20/etc.... ?? probability they will make peace with you somehow?

different/same religion -2/+1 (max -1/+5) .... I often get much higher penality for having different religions but this chart seems to only show -1 or -2 for all civs, unless I am reading this wrong...

7. dj_anion

dj_anion Chieftain

LlamaCat:
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    I'll explain it in near future and will place it in PDF, below the tables.
    In short, 10/30/50/100 means that this leader is 100% going to have peace with you when he/she is Friendly, 50% - when Pleased, 30% - Cautious, 10% - Annoyed. Of course, difficulty level modifies these numbers, too.
    For now, I am waiting for any error reports and more suggestions from people, because I want to improve this PDF as much as it is possible.

Greetings for everyone!

8. MarkM

MarkM Cow Herder

Thanks for that clarification. A suggestion for further clarification: how often are those % evaluated? I don't imagine every turn ... otherwise 50% for pleased would still mean DoW very quickly (if every turn there is a 50% chance of declaring war).

9. Yaype

Yaype Me

Very nice! :thumbsup: Thanks for the work.

10. colony

colony Slow Typer

This is really nice, and looks good too, even if it should've come with the game.

I noticed a couple of mistakes, but only small ones:
    Page 41 - SP gives +10% Hammers not +10
    Markets/Banks/Grocers give extra gold, not commerce
    For the National Wonders like Oxford, Wall Street and the Globe Theatre these need 6 of the required buildings on a standard size map, not 4.

I'm another one who'd find having a diagram showing unit upgrades useful too.

11. NikNak

NikNak Chieftain

Very impressive! I'm using this from now on.

12. Enoch Root

Enoch Root Chieftain

Simply awesome, Anion, thank you very much. :)

13. eoc

eoc Chieftain

I spent over 2 hours glancing at the pdf. I have to say it's amazing !
    and I expect for your coming explaination of the statistics.
    some leaders' peace prob and aggressive level seems weird. I mean why a leader such as hannibal with a high aggressive trait suits a 20/70/100/100 peace prob ?

14. OTAKUjbski

OTAKUjbski TK421

:goodjob: :goodjob:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :king:

I most love the leaders section ... I've always wondered just how much Civics and religion affected Diplomacy.

Fan-damn-wonder-tastic.

Spoiler :
    In the Promotions section, "strength" has been misspelled (transpose 'ht')

15. p dandy

p dandy Chieftain

Wow you went above and beyond. I think we would have been excited even with a basic spreadsheet. Your reference guide has a beautiful presentation.

16. Putchuco

Putchuco Addictionado

FANTASTIC! :goodjob:

17. Jamesds

Jamesds Great Scientist

Well done! This is well made, you thought it out and have presented the data beautifully! I only wish I had a working printer to print it :(

Can I suggest one thing though; you have used F to denote food, H to denote hammers and G to denote gold. Could you maybe replace those with the respective icons to make it easier to read? I don't know how much work this would be though, maybe you had a good reason for not doing this.

Well done on a professional piece of work!

18. mrt144

mrt144 Chieftain

this combined with otaku's excel spreadsheet tools are amazing!

19. MarkM

MarkM Cow Herder

I agree, the presentation is so fantastic that I feel it is very picky to say anything about it, but ... if you are truly looking for ways to improve it as you say, then may I suggest that in the booklet format you consider putting the white-outline title texts on the side "Civilizations", "Leaders", "Traits", "Terrains and Features", etc) on the opposite side of each page? the idea would be they'd be a lot more use if they were on the outside of each page (and would work a little like tabs as far as flipping through) instead of near the center staples.

I suggest that only if it would be easy to move those, like I said I don't want to be picky, just helpful!

Another format suggestion: I think it makes more sense to present the civics in the same order as in the game -- grouped by type (government, labor, legal, economy, religion), in the matching order inside each group, than it does to sort them alphabetically by name. though it doesn't matter too much to me personally, I don't need (& won't use) a reference for those things.

Finally, the UU in the units reference might benefit from an indication of what standard unit it replaces.

20. OctopusOverload

OctopusOverload Cultist

Wow, that crashed my PDF reader (Foxit PDF-reader) :(

Did you use any special Adobe-only features?