Performance Issues?

Mordachai

Warlord
First: Thanks to Maniac for a hellovalotofwork :D

Unfortunately, my question is whether others are experiencing heavy performance issues, and if anyone has some solutions?

My experience is slow performance for end-turn processing.

I do not have graphics performance issues that I am aware of (scrolling is fine, visual updates are fine, etc. Just end-turn processing).

My machine is a Core i7 @ 4GHz with 6GB of ram, a fast HDD, etc. The video card is dual Radeon 4870x1GB for a total of 2GB DDR-5 video ram.

So really - my machine should eat turns like they're nothing.

But instead, I press end turn and wait for maybe 30 seconds to a minute per turn. Which is painful. :(

Anyone have any thoughts?

Before you answer: I am a professional programmer, a life-long PC gamer, and I build computers for fun. So please skip the obvious things like background tasks or enough ram / etc. This machine should be able to download 8 streams, display a blu-ray to one monitor, and play a second game while also playing BTS. ;)

So its more any ideas you have that you know have worked for BTS or Planetfall in particular. :D

Good question. I take it that "Good AI" is a setting for games? I don't recall seeing it - but I'll try a standard BTS game later and see if I can find that setting.

Better AI is a mod, included in Planetfall. You can find it two forums higher than this one in the Project & Mod Development list. Better AI shouldn't cause big slowdowns anymore though since version 81. Only +25% or so IIRC.

What map size are you playing on by the way? If it's Huge it may be perfectly normal that you get such turn times in the late game. I don't have any data to compare with Civ4 vanilla, so I wouldn't really know.

Top Bottom