Permanent Change?

Tharak

Chieftain
I'm sure this answer is out there somewhere, but I can't see to find it..realtively new to these boards so be gentle :) here goes.

I was fortunate enough to get the last copy of Conquests at EB the other day, and I've been sifting through the disk. I like the Civ-content stuff, especially some of the terrain mod stuff (Sn00py's stuff particularly, but haven't seen everything yet).

What I was wondering was how do I make these mods my default settings (without screwing up my install of course), and how would I go about uninstalling them (should I feel the need)?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't find anything in the readme stuff with the game, nor has my search on the boards been successful (the search function seems to be turned off for me lately :( ). Thanks in advance!

You just swap the terrain files around. Copy the art files from Snoopy's and paste them into the Art-->Terrain folder. (I'm not exactly sure if you need to put them in the Civ3-->Art-->Terrain folder or in the Civ3-->Conquests-->Art-->Terrain folder). I think the Civ3 Art folder should work for most of the graphics, because I think the Conquests Art folder just has the art for volcanoes, marshes, etc.

BACK UP THE ORIGINAL ART FOLDERS BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS! just in case you screw something up, and in case you ever want to go back to the original terrain

No, you can't Dearmad. If it finds the same file in both directories it will use the one in the Conquests directory. As Sn00py has modded the marshes wonderfully, it would be a shame for them not to be seen, which is what would happen if you put it in the Civ3 directory.

If you want them permanent put them in the Conquests directory.

Or you could just make a scenario and play it...

I don't have conquest yet, so may I know whether I will get Snoopy's terrain in the Conquest disk or should I buy the extra CD that was mentioned as part of the pre-order attachment?

If Snoopy's terrain is in the bonus CD and it is not available, can I download it from the net?

Cool! Thanks Padma! :D

Now I just wait for my C3C... Aaarrgghhh, I envy all of you lucky guys there who are closer to the American civilization (producer of Civ III)....

Top Bottom