Persia or Persia or how do we implement certain civs?

sorry to bring up such and old thread, but i had to comment.
I do not agree with you on the matter of Persia I and Persia II. They are the same civilization, and we persians consider both a source of great pride. I believe as the civ developes in the game, it should transform from Persia I to Persia II. because, obviously, you cant have Persia I existing in 1752, just like you cant have cavemen in 986.

and now some notes, Persians have never called the country Persia. Persia was probably derived by the Greeks from the name of the aryan tribe the Parsa. Persians have always called themselves Iranians or Aryans:

"I am Darius, the Great King, ..., A Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage...".

The name of the country has always been Iran (land of the aryans), Persia (Fars) has always been the name of only a province in the empire, and it still is today.
Shah is not really a medieval title. It is a shortening of Xshayathiya, the achaemenian word for 'king'.

digging up dead people, he?

Humans develop and change their opinion. I've done that. I'm all for one Persian civ. But what I was trying to bring across is that the two civs would look different, just look at the city list. Ctesiphon, Persepolis, Pasargadae and Susa fit perfectly for ancient one, but they just seem strange if mixed with Isfahan, Rai or Teheran, Shiraz, etc. ... :)

That was practically all I tried so say back in the year... :)

m

lol, yeah i decided to do some archeology in the civ forums, :p

Xshayathiya said:
sorry to bring up such and old thread, but i had to comment.
I do not agree with you on the matter of Persia I and Persia II. They are the same civilization, and we persians consider both a source of great pride. I believe as the civ developes in the game, it should transform from Persia I to Persia II. because, obviously, you cant have Persia I existing in 1752, just like you cant have cavemen in 986.

and now some notes, Persians have never called the country Persia. Persia was probably derived by the Greeks from the name of the aryan tribe the Parsa. Persians have always called themselves Iranians or Aryans:

"I am Darius, the Great King, ..., A Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage...".

The name of the country has always been Iran (land of the aryans), Persia (Fars) has always been the name of only a province in the empire, and it still is today.
Shah is not really a medieval title. It is a shortening of Xshayathiya, the achaemenian word for 'king'.

This is pretty much true, and i can voach for this personally because my background is also persian... But you do bring some vaild points mitsho...

But i think some of us are missing the point here.. the beauty of this game is that you start off with a civ and you can lead it in any direction - any government - any religion.
The civs don't really have any unique traits that would make persia any more successful being islamic or hindu for example rather than christian ...

Unless the next version of civ makes civs more accurate and historically viable, i don't think what you have braught up about persia 1 and persia II will be a major issue :)

ps. persia II as you mentioned it played a phenominal role in shaping 'arab' or 'islamic' science, government, philosophy and so on... and both persia I persia II and Iran are essentially the same thing - yes thoasands of years can alter culture, but essentially they are the same people.

Hi,

Persia or persian people is a name people live in center of Iran and In farsi (Iranian) language we call them Parsi.
You see one of the state of Iran is now name Fars (Pars).
Persain people make the Persia I and Sasanid Empire.

best regards.

Not hardly. We just know that we won a war of independence from the tyranical British
You didn't really win, we felt it was more trouble than it was worth.:p
We had more important things to deal with in Europe - Revolutionary France for one. Don't forget we did burn down the White House whilst we were still fighting a war against Napoleon :lol:
I Think you Yanks are just jealous you haven't got 2000 years of history under your belts :D

Largest Empire the world has known.:) and we had 2 civil wars. So we still beat you as you only had 1 of them.

Only kidding guys, please don't take this seriously.

Top Bottom