Petition to get CIV5's Multiplayer Fixed

Really what is problem of this community? I would imagine this to be the hottest topic here but it is barely noticed. Civ serie is clearly in decline and I cant blame anybody else expect fans: they simply are not demanding enough and forgives too easily. And this is the result.

MP simply is horrible broken and after three expansions firaxi has declared civ5 as complited as broken is it. I would imagine people would be furious of this but no. In general Even SP is broken because of incapable ai but lets leave that out now.

I believe civ5 has been the most disappointing civ producted. it had some nice new features but everything else is mismanaged or badly executed.

i completely agree. obvious game breaking bugs such as science overflow, MP trade exploit or terrible stability ingame, all make me feel like they just shipped a half ready product, and now they dare calling it complete, while its more like a beta.

thats without even touching the obvious and numerous balance/ overlooked bugs, such as picking a great prophet increasing scientist costs or ranged units being vastly overpowered.

civ5 is far from complete, and lack of MP mods support stops the community from fixing it ourselves.

ninakaru ability to fix a lot of AI issues so easily with a mod he made further makes me think firaxis just dont give a ^%$ about us, and i can promise you that they will have at least 1 less customer in the future because of it.

Only 6 more supporters needed and there is 200 customers supporting this petition. You might think Firaxis takes some notes then.

Great! I signed.

Now all we need is a petition regarding single player as well. I've had 'Steam is too busy' to launch your game for the last 3 days now.

Too busy? Too <snip> busy?! What the <snip> am I paying for here, exactly?

Moderator Action: Please do not try to avoid the autocensor.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Feels like this ship has sailed quite sometime ago. Small staff of folks @ Firaxis and they set their sights somewhere else already.

Feels like this ship has sailed quite sometime ago. Small staff of folks @ Firaxis and they set their sights somewhere else already.

Yeah, I filed a complaint with the BBB a while ago and it didn't really accomplish much. They pretended like they were going to do something but obviously did nothing about the game's problems.

The one way I found to make this game quite stable is to turn off barbs and city states.
Apparently 90% of the problems with this game are actually related to barb and city state unit movements in between turns.

When I host games that way they are very stable. When I host any other way it is crash and freeze city. My machine is very good too so it makes no sense at all.

Well a good reason why not to buy firaxis game anymore.

Bye bye civilization!

actually the only problem with mp is when people dont play real mp but have ai in game.

barbs and cs ruin game performance - play without those and u ll have perfecly fine games without need to reload or have other problems.

But community is full of lemmings ...

Moderator Action: Please make your point without name calling
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

actually the only problem with mp is when people dont play real mp but have ai in game.

barbs and cs ruin game performance - play without those and u ll have perfecly fine games without need to reload or have other problems.

No the game isn't working with or without CS, ruins or barbs.

So the game only works in MP when you take out a large chunk of the game's content and somehow this isn't Firaxis' fault?

Played civ5 MP from day the game came out with my same friend and 6 AI's and we would have an occasional crash maybe every 100 turns or so .Since patch 1.0.3.276 my friend and I can barely get thru 5 turns with out a resync or worse an out right lock up.So the problem is pointing straight at the last patch .

Moderator Action: Everyone, please do not full quote posts that includes name calling.

The presence of barbs helps spice up the early game and in the end game and an entire victory condition and 'soft power' battleground is taken out without CS.

We think we've found the cause of the problem. So sorry this caused issues for our multiplayer community. Stay tuned!

Top Bottom