PH15-not. Birds of a Feather.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't give him bio!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He'll vote for us anyway but giving him bio (and therefore +1:food: per farm) may bring him to second place!!! Do what ever you want but don't give away bio for ANY price!!!!!!

Djeez, you've seen through my PH worthy masterplan to screw up this game! :D

Shall I gift radio then? I'm not totally sure he'll vote for us at +9. That's enough for him to vote us in the elections to get us controlling the UN, but maybe not for the diplo win. Right now he's just pleased and don't know in detail about these hidden diplo modifiers. I always try to get the AIs to at least +11 to be sure.

Give him radio then mass media the following turn.

Maybe switch off research after artillery and then upgrade rifle>inf, cannon>arty just in case Bod decides to declare on us.

Give him radio then mass media the following turn.
Just so I understand, why mass media as well? To make sure the bonus doesn't wear off? (how many turns does that take anyway? :hmm:)

Maybe switch off research after artillery and then upgrade rifle>inf, cannon>arty just in case Bod decides to declare on us.
Why would she declare on us? We're only at -31 with her! :eek::D

Start off by gifting good old Biz some nice toy to play with.

He's friendly now and the diplomatic outlook is good.

T305 We are elected.

Artillery is in, switch to combustion. Set research to 0% for mass upgrading our cannons, though it doesn't really matter anymore, of course.

T306 The Korean city of Gaziantep learns the ways of Solomon, but Wang is not interested in becoming a jew.

T307 Biz completes Rock and Roll, so Artist City switches to Hollywood instead.

T308 National Park is built in Science City.

T309 The Korean capital is also converted to judaism, but Wang doesn't like us enough to convert. Oh well, we don't need your votes anyway.

T310 The long awaited vote comes up finally.

T311 While eagerly awaiting the outcome of the elections, Biz comes up with a deal. Sure you can have oil now that you voted for us. Did you?

Yes he did.

The world is thrilled by the election of the man who thinks guys look better in helmets.

Some statistics. Note that with our 8 cities we have nearly double population as compared to number 2. In head count at least.

3 of our cities have reached the top 5, but the top two cities are the capitals of our industrious friends.

Interestingly we have built 9 theaters and 9 jewish temples... Probably an earthquake or tornado I can't recall. I'm also proud that we have 3 particularly interesting improvements, being "city ruins". We should build more of those! :D

The score, well, I've seen them more impressive but of course the scoring system isn't particularly kind for diplo and cultural victories.

Save is attached 1 turn from victory. Congratulations to all and thanks for an enjoyable game! :)

I'm sure Pholkhero would be proud of us!

Attachments

• Pholkherocles AD-1880.CivBeyondSwordSave
    311.2 KB · Views: 79
Well finished nocho :goodjob:.

Well played team :goodjob:.

Pholkhero has failed to make this an imposible variant :p (despite poor starting lands, losing eng city to barbs with pyramids half built etc etc).

Funny win at the end, since the early post implied conquest IIRC.

I certainly mooted the idea of conquest earlier on but someone suggested diplomacy and it seemed to become the popular option. I was quite happy to go along as most of my solo games end up conquest or domination so its nice to go for a peaceful(ish) victory condition.

How about 1 city domination win...

I guarantee we would lose that one. :lol:

Lurkers Comment:

Congratulations guys :goodjob: looking foreward to the next episode of "team vs AI vs pholk" :lol: but hopefully with pholk this time...

I'm sure Pholkhero would be proud of us!
he is, my phriends, he is :D

so, if you're looking for unwinnable . . .

[digs into his bag]
here's several:

* “Three of Seven” ~ no religion, true culture (no slider use), ie, artists and wonders; 21 wonders, 7 in each big 3, 7 from each era (Ancient, Medieval, Modern); Augustus??

* "Guns Make a Man" ~ game w/Suleiman, must declare on 1/2 the rivals @ gunpowder, w/no peace until they are all dead/vassalized/etc. Then, we declare on the remaining AI. Two world wars; must win by total victory over our rivals

* "Pontifex Maximus": true AP win ~ every city (yours and AI) must have AP vote religion; small, normal, Pangaea; need strategy; pick opponents??

Top Bottom