pineappledan, HungryForFood, & Recursive's New Beliefs

pineappledan

Deity
Download Here
EvenMoreBeliefs256.png
Spoiler New Beliefs :

(Pantheon) - God of Storms
2:c5faith: in Cities with a Garrison.​
Pillaging a tile provides 15:c5faith:Faith and :c5production:Production. Does not scale with Era.​
(Pantheon) - Trickster God
12:c5faith:Faith and :c5science:Science when you complete a non-road Improvement. Does not scale with Era.​

(Founder) - City of God
Can build the Sacred Garden Wonder (+3:c5faith: +5:c5culture:; +5:c5food: Food from all Holy Sites)​
Gain 25:c5faith:/:c5culture:/:c5science: whenever your Holy City gains a :c5citizen:Citizen, scaling with the number of Cities following your religion (max 25 cities)​

(Founder) - Earthly Paradise
Can build the Place of Truth Wonder (+2:c5faith: +6:c5production:; +10%:c5production:Production towards Buildings in the City; +5:c5production: from Holy Sites)​
20:c5gold: When a City constructs a Building, scaling with Era.​
Gain 50:c5faith:/:c5culture:/:c5gold: whenever you construct a World Wonder, scaling with number of Cities following your Religion (max 25 Cities).​

(Founder) - Libations
Can build the Akapana wonder (+100% religious pressure; +5:c5faith: to Holy Sites; Purchased with :c5faith:Faith instead of being built. No minimum population conversion requirement)​
Can spend :c5faith:Faith to perform a Challa Ritual, giving the Akapana +1 to All Yields ( :c5food:/:c5production:/:c5faith:/:c5gold:/:c5science:/:c5culture:/:c5goldenage:/:tourism:).​
Can Choose a Reformation belief upon completion of 10 Challa Rituals​

(Follower) - Jubilee
+2 :c5happy: Happiness in the City. Gain +1 :c5goldenage: GAP for every 2 Followers in the City (Max of +10 :c5goldenage: GAP)​
(Follower) - Martial Arts
Melee and Gun Units trained in this City receive the Warrior Monk Promotion (+20% Defense, +30% XP, +30% Religious Pressure when garrisoned in a City)​

(Follower) - Sweat Lodges
Allows you to purchase Sweat Lodges with :c5faith:Faith​
Spoiler Sweat Lodge :
Sweat Lodge
200:c5faith: cost​
2:c5faith:Faith, 2:c5science:Science​
+25% Religious pressure and -10% Religious Resistance in this City​
-1:c5unhappy: Distress in this city​
Units stationed in this city Heal 5 HP, regardless of what action they take​
1:c5science:Science to Camps and Plantations​

(Follower) - Dar-e Mehr
Allows you to purchase Dar-e Mehr with :c5faith:Faith​
Spoiler Dar-e Mehr :
Dar-e Mehr
3:c5faith:Faith, 2:c5culture:Culture​
10% of the city's :c5culture:Culture is Converted to :c5faith:Faith each turn​
+1 :greatwork:Great Work of Art slot​
-1:c5unhappy: Boredom in this city​

(Follower) - Daoguan
Allows you to purchase Daoguan with :c5faith:Faith​
Spoiler Daoguan :
Daoguan
5:c5faith:Faith​
+20%:c5greatperson:Great Person Rate in the City​
1:greatwork:Great Work of Writing Slot​
-1:c5unhappy:Distress in this city​

(Enhancer) - Emirates
Religion spreads to friendly City-States at triple rate​
Religious pressure via Trade Routes tripled​
+2:c5science: and :c5culture: for Every Active :trade:Trade Route​
(Enhancer) - Animism
Missionaries ignore terrain Movement costs.​
+1:c5food::c5culture: to unimproved Features, Lakes, and Natural Wonders​
(Enhancer) - Word of God
Missionaries generate 10:c5influence: Influence, Scaling with Era, when targeting a City-State.​
Can purchase Diplomatic Units with :c5faith:Faith.​

(Reformation) - Orthodoxy (current orthodoxy belief renamed to Ecumenism) -
Courthouses, Constabularies, and Police Stations gain +4:c5gold:Gold and +2:c5faith:Faith and can be purchased with :c5faith:Faith​
Units gain +15%:c5strength: Combat Strength within the borders of any city following your religion​

(Reformation) - Work Ethic
May build Workshops, Windmills, and Factories with :c5faith:Faith. These buildings produce +2 :c5production: Production each.​
Tile improvement rate increased by 25% for Workers and Archaeologists.​

Spoiler Belief Reworks :

Spoiler Founder Beliefs :

Transcendent Thoughts - renamed to Transcendence; Replaced Sacred Garden Wonder with Heavenly Grotto (2:c5gold:2:c5happy:; +5:c5gold: to all Holy Sites)

Spoiler Enhancer Beliefs :

Orthodoxy - renamed to Ecumenism (a new Reformation belief is named Orthodoxy)
Religion Spreads 25% faster (50% with Printing Press)​
Religion Spreads 25% further Away​
+5:c5faith:Faith and :c5goldenage:Golden Age Points in the Holy City​

Symbolism
+2:c5greatperson:GWAM points in Holy City (down from +2 of all 7 GP types)​
-1 Policy requirement for World Wonders for every 8 Cities following your Religion (max of 3)​
+1:c5happy: Happiness for every 4 Cities following your Religion (max of 6)​

Prophecy - Renamed to Sainthood. Removed Policy Wonder reduction (moved to Symbolism)

Spoiler Reformation Beliefs :

Faith of the Masses -
Removed 1:c5happy: for every 2 cities following your Religion (Moved to Symbolism)​
Added +2:c5culture: Culture from World Wonders​

Sacred Sites -
Removed bonus for World Wonders (moved to Faith of the Masses)​
Increased Tourism to +4:tourism: to Temples, Hotels, and Faith-purchased buildings​
+10:tourism::c5culture: to Hermitage changed to +5:c5culture::tourism: to Grand Temple and Hermitage​

Global Commandments - Removed +15% Religion spread speed (moved to Ecumenism)

To play with more religions in your game, add the following code anywhere in this sub mod and change the number of max religions (currently 6)
Code:
UPDATE Worlds
SET MaxActiveReligions = '6'
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_STANDARD' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE' AND Value= 1 );

Last edited:
mod is fully DLL integrated.
As of v10, mod contains lua

Mod currently under construction. Converting into full Religious overhaul that adds a new Great Person, more late game religious wonders, and lays down the base mechanics for adding a religious victory.

Last edited:
Looks interesting; I'm curious about the reason for the nonscaling for Trickster God. It is to avoid exploits of having workers replace improvements on non-worked tiles in perpetuity, or because the ratio of faith:science doesn't scale well, a bit of both, or something else entirely that my sleep-deprived brain hasn't processed?

As of this post, New Beliefs is now online.
Looks interesting; I'm curious about the reason for the nonscaling for Trickster God. It is to avoid exploits of having workers replace improvements on non-worked tiles in perpetuity, or because the ratio of faith:science doesn't scale well, a bit of both, or something else entirely that my sleep-deprived brain hasn't processed?
God of the Expanse is also non-scaling. The idea is that you hypothetically could exploit this pantheon by improving the same tile over and over, but it is probably more efficient to just improve and then work tiles, and this becomes more and more pronounced as policies/techs/etc. increase the per-turn value of your tiles.
eg. it takes 7 turns to build a river farm. If you worked that tile you would get 2:c5food: every turn. If you replaced that same tile over and over, since your first remove the tile, you could be trading 14:c5food: for 10:c5faith:/8:c5science:. This is a good trade, but building a triangle, or getting Civil Service quickly makes the yields your are sacrificing no longer worth it, especially if there are better things that your worker could be doing. Also consider that you paid -7:c5gold: for worker maintenance of a worker that is functionally standing still.

Also, I should note that I tried as much as possible to not touch existing beliefs. There are things I would definitely change about the current beliefs, but a) if they change then I'll be stuck updating this mod over and over and b) some people would appreciate me just sticking to straight additions rather than trying to "fix" VP

Orthodoxy was the exception. the current VP orthodoxy has 4 different spreader abilities stacked onto it, and that makes designing additional beliefs really hard. I like the name, and I like the idea of a hard passive spreader, but it was just too much spread enhancement concentrated in a single place to design around.

Last edited:
Amazing effort and pretty interesting effects especially the founder one, do you intend to add more in the future ?

I don't have any plans for adding even more beliefs right now, no.

This mod takes the total number of available beliefs from 24/9/16/9/9 to 26/10/20/10/10. That's a nice round number, and it increases the max number of possible religions from 8 to 10 (a setting you can increase in mod options)

Unless you mod the map setting rules, The number of available religions is (0.5*MAJOR_CIV_PLAYERS+1), so a standard game has 5 religions. The max number of simultaneous civs without the 45 civ DLL is 22, or 12 religions. That would require a minimum of 22/12/24/12/12 beliefs. At that point I think you risk repetitive or overly synergistic beliefs

I'd be happy to hear some more ideas for possible beliefs. There's a difficult balance to be struck between viability, balance, and uniqueness for the beliefs which actually makes coming up with beliefs pretty hard to do.

[321972.843] Invalid Reference on Buildings.Civilopedia - "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_RELIGIOUS_LIBRARY_PEDIA" does not exist in Language_en_US

Heh, yeah I hadn't written one. I'll update in a second. You can add this into your XML file on your local install
Code:
        <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_RELIGIOUS_LIBRARY_PEDIA">
            <Text>The Chartarium was a collection of correspondences and minutes held privately by the office of the Papacy. This collection formed the precursor to the Vatican's Secret Archives.</Text>
        </Row>

First game trying the Chartarium founder .... Things were going pretty well until i got to a bug that the belief stopped granting me any bonuses at all.
I had an insane start as the Shoshone with tea as my primary luxury and managed to found first, the bonuses seem to be underwhelming for a while but thr golden age points actually make up for it but i still think the yields could use a minor buff.
Also there is no bonus yields update notification for it even when it gave bonuses earlier in the game.

Edit : attached save file.
  • Mod list : VP 15-3 eith EUI, promotion tree, Flag promotions, community events
  • 4th UC V.57
  • Infoaddict v22
  • New beliefs v2
  • Really advanced setup v15
  • Unique CS V6

Attachments

• reportPocatello_0246_AD-1010.Civ5Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Had the same bug. not sure what is going on, but partway through the game the instant yields just stopped.

I didn't add instant yield notifications yet; just popups for now.

I'll do a little more testing when I have some free time. It could be that the yields are being added appropriately, but the notification is getting swamped/lost, or is otherwise hidden in later eras.

I'll do a little more testing when I have some free time. It could be that the yields are being added appropriately, but the notification is getting swamped/lost, or is otherwise hidden in later eras.
I tried another game while consciously paying attention and tracking yields esp. faith and GA points, they are not masked or notifications are just missing .... No, they don't get added at all.
I'm not a tech savvy or a modder by anymean but if there is something i can do to help you with testing/finding the issue, i'm glad to help.

Thanks for testing that. That saves me a lot of time.

It sounds to me like the method that the game is using to track who has that religion gets obfuscated in later eras, possibly as civs start spreading and religions spread into/out of their singular religious nuclei. I Think I will have to use a different method to track both the pantheon and founder beliefs; maybe just planting a dummy into their capitals/holy cities and using that as a proxy for the beliefs instead of testing for the belief itself. Something more concrete.

The reformation belief headline and explanatory text seem to have swapped their row tags.
i think this fixes it ?
Code:
<!-- Reformation Belief -->
        <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BELIEF_ORTHODOXY_SHORT">
            <Text>Orthodoxy</Text>
        </Row>
        <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BELIEF_ORTHODOXY">
            <Text>May build Courthouses, Constabularies, and Police Stations with [ICON_PEACE] Faith.[NEWLINE]These buildings produce +3 [ICON_CULTURE] Culture and +2 [ICON_PEACE] Faith each. +15% [ICON_STRENGTH] Combat Strength for units within 3 tiles of a city following your Religion.</Text>
        </Row>

Trickster god does not seem to scale with game speed, is this intended? ; prophets cost more and tile improvement tiles take more turns while the yields are still the same as standard speed.

Trickster god does not seem to scale with game speed, is this intended? ; prophets cost more and tile improvement tiles take more turns while the yields are still the same as standard speed.
I honestly didn’t know if speed scaling was necessary or not, since I don’t know how speed affected improvement speeds, etc.

Is speed scaling also necessary for revelation?

I honestly didn’t know if speed scaling was necessary or not, since I don’t know how speed affected improvement speeds, etc.

Is speed scaling also necessary for revelation?
I played a lot of epic speed games lately, pretty much every thing costs 1.5X the standard speed including the tile improvement time ... 13 turns for a pasture, 16 for a forested plantation & 6 to build a road .... the initial prophet for founding costs 1200 faith.
The two Epic speed games i tested revelation in seemed fine without it -at least in the classical era- but i think it's better to make it scale as well to avoid confusion.

update posted
  • Added Notifications for instant yields
  • Added game speed modifiers
  • Fixed Orthodoxy text
  • altered the code for adding yields to Trickster God and Revelation. Their yields are now tied to the capital/holy city, instead of the majority belief status of the player, so they should hopefully not disappear mid-game.
  • Increased Trickster God yields to 12:c5faith:10:c5science: on improvement.
    • I stacked the deck pretty hard for myself on my own test run (inca + 4UC mod + progress = 40% improvement speed early, 1 worker per city, a jungle hill start), but I founded at turn 109
    • This suggests that a less focused civ wouldn't be able to found at all, especially at higher difficulties, so I increased the yields by 20%.

Top Bottom