pineappledan, HungryForFood, & Recursive's New Beliefs

the warrior monk promotions wink in and out of existence constantly
Yeah, I experienced that. And that's why I don't play this Mod anymore. I don't always agree with the Pin's tweaks, but this one is close to the perfection.
@Gazebo

Seriously, Here, there is a gift for VP. It deserves your attention.

Not sure if this had already been mentioned before, or if it's a problem that can be helped, but this mod does not seem to work if you use the "43-Civs" version of VP. I'm only able to enable this mod when using the base version of VP, which is honestly disappointing since I've been wanting to use this mod for Ynaemp TSL games

Any updates on this mod? It's one of my favorites and would definitely like to be playing with it every game if it were not for the Revelation bug.

Any additions to this mod would require DLL integration, which is beyond my ability. Implementing beliefs via lua is too unstable, so this mod will get mothballed unless it gets picked up by the main mod, probably.

Tried once a while ago. What I remember is that it Looks sophiticated and interesting. A few new believes are very appealing.
I remember something buggy about Worriors Monk.

It seems you are not happy with the result and have lost interest about this project?
Maybe straightforward and very operationnel concepts would be fine.

It’s less a matter of interest and more a matter of ability. I have taken this project as far as I can with the skills and tools at my disposal. To improve and further develop this mod I would have to learn C++ and work the bonuses into the DLL. That demands I learn a new coding language, and I don’t have the time to do that.

Warrior Monks is not given retroactively, is that intended?

Sweat Lodge is OP on plantation/camp heavy start, I suggest reducing the base Science to 2 or maybe even 1, though imho 1 might be taking it too far.

Revelation doesn't impress me whenever I pick it, but I've only gotten it once.
Communalism seems slightly not there, too, but I don't think it should get more than a slight boost. A number ranging from 30-35?
mehr doesn't impress me either but I only got it once

Contrary to OP stating some beliefs replace some beliefs, that's not true. Both exist, which is great.

How exactly does Dar-e-mehr work? The OP states the wrong thing (it's 10% of culture by city converted to faith, not on birth yields), but playing it I don't get how that's calculated. I have 60+ culture in a city, and I'm getting 4 Faith - in another city, 40 culture and 2 Faith, in yet another 4X and 3. Is it only counting the base 100% of city yields without taking any percentage strenghtening them into account, so my yields being percentage boosted by Mosque Golden Age don't get counted?

Big news!

@HungryForFood updated the DLL, and this mod now has FULL VP INTEGRATION!

I have updated the mod description with some of the balance changes. Communalism and God of Storms have been changed

@HungryForFood added a new table to beliefs which is a total game changer: Belief_FreePromotions lets any units made in a city with your belief get a promotion

This gives me an idea for how we could add Animism as a new Enhancer belief, based on the suggestions of @JamesNinelives and @BiteInTheMark:

Animism (Enhancer)
Missionaries from this Religion ignore terrain movement costs.
+1:c5culture:, :c5food: and :c5faith: to all non-Hill Unimproved Features

ie. Forest/Jungle/Marsh/Oasis/Atolls/Natural Wonders
Technically, features also includes Ice, flood plains, and fallout but I think people will figure out those aren't included.

Last edited:
Do the AI have any sense to pick in these? Pick storm pantheon at higher rate if naval warmonger for instance?

Are he yields from the Chartarium supposed to scale with era? :crazyeye:
Spoiler :
1125 :c5faith:,:c5culture: and :c5goldenage: ?
CivilizationV_DX11 2021-01-09 10-03-16-356.jpg

They are supposed to scale by number of believers, but not by era
upload_2021-1-9_7-36-13.png

@HungryForFood ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom