pineappledan, HungryForFood, & Recursive's New Beliefs

update posted
  • Added Notifications for instant yields
  • Added game speed modifiers
  • Fixed Orthodoxy text
  • altered the code for adding yields to Trickster God and Revelation. Their yields are now tied to the capital/holy city, instead of the majority belief status of the player, so they should hopefully not disappear mid-game.
  • Increased Trickster God yields to 12:c5faith:10:c5science: on improvement.
    • I stacked the deck pretty hard for myself on my own test run (inca + 4UC mod + progress = 40% improvement speed early, 1 worker per city, a jungle hill start), but I founded at turn 109
    • This suggests that a less focused civ wouldn't be able to found at all, especially at higher difficulties, so I increased the yields by 20%.
Good job on fixing revelation, i really liked it!
About scaling with game speed for trickster pantheon ?

1. Warrior monk promotion seems to be not given to units trained in city.
2. Revelation founder belief is not giving faith on tech discovery, GA and culture is working properly. Still the yields are not shown in a side pop-up but they are there.

Note: I am using a very old (+12 months) version of VP so problems maybe caused by this.

Last edited:
I wasn’t able to replicate either of your issues.

you could try using a newer version of VP, but I don’t think your older version would be a problem.

EDIT: Revelation was giving :c5science::c5culture::c5goldenage: instead of :c5faith::c5culture::c5goldenage:. I will post an update.

Last edited:
God of Storms should probably work like God of Nature, passively giving you yields based on the number of ocean tiles. This is because at one point VP made it so cities could not claim ocean tiles at all till the later medieval/early Renaissance. I'm not 100% that ocean tiles still can't be claimed and worked before then, but if that is still the case God of Storms is losing half its yields for 3 eras.

Idea, if you are accepting new ideas.

Reformation - Eclecticism (Or could be named Syncretism if that belief gets renamed) Or could be named Sulh-i-kul/Universal peace, to reference the syncretism that the Mughuls tried - Can build religious buildings of any religion present in the city. Any religion that has a religious building built in the city, can not be forced under 1 follower.

Maybe another bonus in addition. Most reformation beliefs have a two-part system of bonuses. Not sure if that would be strong enough on its own, or need an extra bonus. Sort of depends on the size of maps, and if other religions grab religious buildings.

I was thinking about Tourism, but that is already a thing with Sacred Sites. Maybe getting some faith back from each faith purpose. So purchasing faith buildings refunds you back some, and of course, you can also purchase missionaries or Great People and get some back as well.

Anyway, this would work well in conjunction with Pagodas and Syncretism, two beliefs I've never picked because they seem weak.

Last edited:
God of Storms should probably work like God of Nature, passively giving you yields based on the number of ocean tiles. This is because at one point VP made it so cities could not claim ocean tiles at all till the later medieval/early Renaissance. I'm not 100% that ocean tiles still can't be claimed and worked before then, but if that is still the case God of Storms is losing half its yields for 3 eras.
It actually uses the same code as God of Nature, so I'm not sure how that works exactly, because it treats ocean and mountains differently.
Your borders will expand to coast tiles with resources on them, or by purchasing them. Otherwise, the pantheon has the same problem as purity but with a much more common tile type. I haven't actually played a game with it to see if it is a workable pantheon yet. Maybe you can take it for a spin?
Reformation - Eclecticism (Or could be named Syncretism if that belief gets renamed) Or could be named Sulh-i-kul/Universal peace, to reference the syncretism that the Mughuls tried - Can build religious buildings of any religion present in the city. Any religion that has a religious building built in the city, can not be forced under 1 follower
sounds hard to code :/

It actually uses the same code as God of Nature, so I'm not sure how that works exactly, because it treats ocean and mountains differently.
Your borders will expand to coast tiles with resources on them, or by purchasing them. Otherwise, the pantheon has the same problem as purity but with a much more common tile type. I haven't actually played a game with it to see if it is a workable pantheon yet. Maybe you can take it for a spin?/

Your front page only says Oceans, not Oceans or Coasts, thus my confusion. Allowing coast tiles to benefit would clear up the problem I was foreseeing. It sounds like you are actually trying to create a sea version of Renewal, not Nature.

Anyways, tried it. Working six coast tiles it did not add any faith or production. It should have added 3 & 3.

DidoSixTiles.png

Attachments

• 8567.tmp.png
    8567.tmp.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 309
Storms seems to be working as intended now. Founded in the mid 80s with 5 cities on std speed, which is pretty respectable for a civ that can rush shines consistently (I was testing as Carthage). Production numbers look good, but need an examination to see how they stack up against Fishing Boats pantheon. I think they're pretty similar but this has a niche in coastal civs that didn't role a ton of fish or sea luxes, whereas fishing boats is less consistent but potentially stronger on the right map. That seems like a good split to me.

Warrior monks likewise seems to be working.

Revelation seems to be working, but it is difficult to gauge your yields because technologies trigger a pop-up. I did not see the instant yields from revelation when I moused over the instant yield star in EUI. But those are minor quibbles.

edit: Oh and you need to add tool-tips to the religion screen describing what your new buildings and promos do.

Pineappledan is still in war with Atlases.

NewBeliefs.sql - Line 184
Code:
--------------------------------
-- IconTextureAtlases
--------------------------------
INSERT INTO IconTextureAtlases
        (Atlas,                         IconSize,     Filename,                         IconsPerRow,     IconsPerColumn)
VALUES    ('NewBeliefPromoAtlas',         256,         'PDanNewBeliefs_PI_256.dds',     1,                 1),
        ('NewBeliefPromoAtlas',         64,         'PDanNewBeliefs_PI_064.dds',     1,                 1),
        ('NewBeliefPromoAtlas',         45,         'PDanNewBeliefs_PI_045.dds',     1,                 1),
        ('NewBeliefPromoAtlas',         32,         'PDanNewBeliefs_PI_032.dds',     1,                 1),
        ('NewBeliefPromoAtlas',         16,         'PDanNewBeliefs_PI_016.dds',     1,                 1),
        ('NEW_BELIEFS_ATLAS',             256,         'MoreBeliefs256.dds',            3,                 1),
        ('NEW_BELIEFS_ATLAS',             128,         'MoreBeliefs128.dds',            3,                 1),
        ('NEW_BELIEFS_ATLAS',             80,         'MoreBeliefs080.dds',            3,                 1),
        ('NEW_BELIEFS_ATLAS',             64,         'MoreBeliefs064.dds',            3,                 1),
        ('NEW_BELIEFS_ATLAS',             45,         'MoreBeliefs045.dds',            3,                 1),
        ('NEW_BELIEFS_ATLAS',             32,         'MoreBeliefs032.dds',            3,                 1);

Playing Mongolia l choose orthodoxy as my reformation belief but i cannot buy Yassa courts with faith.
EDIT :also cannot buy constabularies with faith.

Last edited:
I just started a discussion of the Pantheon Balance thread about splitting the Goddess of Nature pantheon into two separate pantheons. One natural wonder focused, and one mountain focused, instead of having two separate conditional aspects to a pantheon, when they often don't go together.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/going-for-gold-pantheons.632505/page-26#post-15746775

The start of the conversation post.

I've put out some ideas for how the modding of the natural wonder side would go, but not quite sure with the Mountain one.

I just started a discussion of the Pantheon Balance thread about splitting the Goddess of Nature pantheon into two separate pantheons. One natural wonder focused, and one mountain focused, instead of having two separate conditional aspects to a pantheon, when they often don't go together.
I have no interest in doing this. I like the natural wonder bonus where it is.
Playing Mongolia l choose orthodoxy as my reformation belief but i cannot buy Yassa courts with faith.
You keep finding these bugs and I'll keep fixin' em :)

Posting a new version shortly
Code:
 - small lua adjustments
 - Dar e Mehr and Sweat Lodge now have their great works slots
 - tooltips added for Dar e Mehr and Sweat Lodge
 - bug fix for orthodoxy faith purchasing

Last edited:
Chartarium bug -stops granting any bonuses at all- is back again
It probably never left. Going to try a 3rd method. Problem is that this bug makes it really hard to test because it works fine until you have 100+ followers 200 turns in.

how does one mod in more active religions to a game in VP?

I have tried this mod in conjunction with the following sql -- this sql seems to mod the table successfully at least for other values it contains but this one does not actually result in more religions available in-game. Similarly, the natural wonders value in this table does not have any effect on its own, requiring a change to lua elsewhere as well... is there another change needed for more religions? I've briefly tried experimenting with mod load order but no effect...

Code:
UPDATE Worlds
SET MaxActiveReligions = 10
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_HUGE';

I've played several games with this now and I think it fits brilliantly.
I don't know whether or not @Gazebo has considered this for inclusion into the base mod, but it seems to me that the increase of 8 to 10 base religions is an important fix.

I'd kill for dll integration.

The lua seems to glitch out a lot when checking religion. Revelation just stops working after a certain point, and the warrior monk promotions wink in and out of existence constantly, regardless of what is happening with the base city's majority religion. Also, I think giving people a mechanic for distributing promotions via religion opens up a lot of options for modders.
Pantheon's seem stable throughout the game though, which is nice.

I think the balance is pretty spot-on, except the Sweat Lodge is perhaps a bit too good. I'd love to see VP integration, though I doubt that's in the cards. @Gazebo?

Top Bottom