pirates

High_Elf_Lord-M

Chieftain
is it just me or has sid meiers used models and textures from pirates, somthing about the game has a pirates feel, especially when you build frigates and galleons.

They used the same engine from Pirates... SO yes, it's exactly the same...

While not exactly on topic... wouldn't it be cool if you could build pirate ships and attack other civilizations ships and cities without going to war? :D

Yellonet said:
While not exactly on topic... wouldn't it be cool if you could build pirate ships and attack other civilizations ships and cities without going to war? :D
This was in Civ III... someone will mod it or they will patch it to add it... part of civilization if you ask me... But I always knew whose ships they were as I watch them sneak back into enemy ports... bastards... :mad:

MarcAntiny said:
This was in Civ III... someone will mod it or they will patch it to add it... part of civilization if you ask me... But I always knew whose ships they were as I watch them sneak back into enemy ports... bastards... :mad:
Hehe... couldn't you demand that they'd stop their piracy? :lol:

Yellonet said:
Hehe... couldn't you demand that they'd stop their piracy? :lol:
You know... I don't even remember... probably... I just kept my eye on them and countered with some of my own buccaneers.

Yellonet said:

I'm not sure, but wasn't there some unit in civ 3 like this?

Bevertje said:
I'm not sure, but wasn't there some unit in civ 3 like this?
Yes, read up... :crazyeye:

I used to like the idea of pirates in civ III, but i always found they were too weak and were destroyed easily,also they became obsolete pretty quickly

leafyhead said:
I used to like the idea of pirates in civ III, but i always found they were too weak and were destroyed easily,also they became obsolete pretty quickly

Yeah, I think it would be cool if you could make a land unit like the privateer in civ3. They should be good at pillage (more gold from it) and should be able to defend themselves a bit.

Anytime the AI in civ3 would sail through my territory and they just gave me the old line "we will remove them immediately" but didn't leave I'd mass produce privateers. I always had so much fun sinking the ships of civs I didn't like. My only problem with it was that it so many of them to sink a stupid caravel. It should be able to sink anything short of a frigate. Then it wouldn't hurt myself more than the AI.:wallbash:

JadeDragon87 said:
Yeah, I think it would be cool if you could make a land unit like the privateer in civ3. They should be good at pillage (more gold from it) and should be able to defend themselves a bit.

I asked about this 2 weeks ago also that they get a upgrade to terrorist for modern times so they are always around, come to think about it......it would be good if when the babarians come to your city, if you could hire them to do some nasty things for you to other civilizations. :mischief:

boneys26 said:
I asked about this 2 weeks ago also that they get a upgrade to terrorist for modern times so they are always around, come to think about it......it would be good if when the babarians come to your city, if you could hire them to do some nasty things for you to other civilizations. :mischief:

Yeah, I like that idea. If you find a city for example, you could send an explorer which could act as diplomat and pay them for attacking an other fraction. :goodjob:

Top Bottom