Pitboss game within the team

Whomp said:
Maybe Dave could let us mere mortals understand his thinking on development.

Worker spam. :D

There is no such thing as too many workers. Even after I improved everything, my worker army let me tweak cities as needed for maximum part production.

I failed to kill Theoden because I was busy building workers instead of reinforcements.

Just to say thank you all for posting on here - it's been fascinating reading about the game.

And congrats to DaveMcW.

I guess it shows how much of a MP noob I am that I still can't quite work out how you all failed to eliminate the player who was the obvious winning candidate from an early date - even though there was a mass war. Mind you, I still struggle on Noble, so what do I know :)

"mauer wasn't big enough"
ouch, probably partly because I didn't have apollo too. we also couldn't take out dave cause were goobs. I tried twice I think to rally the troops. they couldn't be bothered though.

Coordinated attacks were the problem.

The west was solely fighting Dave and receiving a literal beatdown while Dave became a promo machine.

The east was fighting grs and he gave us early RNG problems but eventually he capitulated.

By the time we got to Dave the west wanted out and then tempers flared between east and west.

one problem...mainly perception was none of you in the East wanted to fight Dave.

For instacne...Mel(matrix was playing) didnt send any help when we were fighting on the borders of Mel /Dave. So that helped me make up my mind to look for a way out of the war. In addition..BC also shared a border with Dave and as far as I remember didnt fight Dave until the Westerns declared peace. I am not laying blame..the problem lies in the southern allaince was split to begin with. IF we would not have had a pure East /west split we may have been able to remove Dave or cripple him.

Perception again. It wasn't that I didn't want to, it's that I couldn't. Like I said already I lost both of my attack forces. After grs went down I was down to about 12 units, 8 of which I sent to Mongolian territory and they were handily put down. I was only producing units about every 10 turns due to my a. lack of production, and b. my low pop levels from whipping. I literally could not fight the war. Whomp had units there, and BC lost a ton of cav to Dave (Memphus) in Mongolian territory . As for Mel (Matrix), none of us have a clue what he was up to during that time. I'm not blaming it on any of the westerners though, cause I can definitely understand not being able to muster the forces. We definitely should have regrouped and hit again though.

Mauer said:
...BC lost a ton of cav to Dave (Memphus) in Mongolian territory . ...

Hehe :evil:

Nothing beats being asked to sub in for a game you're not a part of and killing many more units that you lose :evil:

By the way I now think the Pikeman is my favorite unit ;)

Top Bottom