Pitboss not sending out emails

jonpfl

Prince
All,

Does anyone know how to get this to work? Is there something I need to set in the .ini file to get it to send out emails?

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Thx
jonpfl

Very few have gotten this feature to work. Pitboss will only work if your email provider uses Port 25, which if your email ends in gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc will not be the case.

There is a program in these forums called pbnotify, which works wonderfully. There is also a program called Civstats at www.civstats.com which can be set up to send turn emails and also does a lot more.

I use road runner

How do I know if it uses port 25?

I have been using pbnotify but I have occasional problems with it and would like to use pitboss to send emails.

Any other ideas? When I start a game with pitboss, do I just fill in the info for email and that is all? Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Thx
jonpfl

jonpfl said:
I use road runner

How do I know if it uses port 25?

I have been using pbnotify but I have occasional problems with it and would like to use pitboss to send emails.

Any other ideas? When I start a game with pitboss, do I just fill in the info for email and that is all? Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Thx
jonpfl

In your email client (outlook express maybe?) under SMTP server, is there a port besides 25 listed?

And in theory, you've set it up correctly, near as I can tell. I'd recommend www.civstats.com, works a treat. :)

Top Bottom