• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Planetfall

Fantastic that this is still being improved and updated - one of the greatest TBS games of all time deserves nothing less than the dedication and care shown in this mod, which is very much appreciated.

Still a great mod. Very unique and consistent and deep. Any efforts of keeping it going are much appreciated.

There is graphic bug in unique dunes terrain. It cause sometime a complete hang of my computer with black screen and stuttering sounds. Maybe it is my graphic card fault, but maybe not.

I wonder if behemoth with range1 promotion still have no model?

AFAIK you're the only one who has reported these problems, so at the moment my guess would be your computer is insufficient to play this mod well.

AFAIK you're the only one who has reported these problems, so at the moment my guess would be your computer is insufficient to play this mod well.

I work with the Master of Mana Mod and it is VERY memory resource heavy, and I take my breaks here with Planetfall. Most likely the video card as you suggested is probably the weak link in this equation.
In Master of Mana, Memory Allocation Failures are a common problem, it takes a lot of work to keep the memory demands down to a workable game for most.

I has changed my videocard and cpu. Now there is only one bug left - behemoth with range1 promotion. :)

With 16a, I have Atmospherics but I can't get my formers to drill for oil! :( Does anyone else have that problem?

A question I was not able to answer myself so far: the manual says that Psi combat always begins with a base strength of 3 for the attacker (and 2 or 3 for the def.). Does this get altered if a unit is injured ?

For example, if a unit has normally a :strength: of 7 but currently is injured down to :strength: 3.5, does that mean it will attack in psi combat with psi-strength of 1.5 or psi-strength of 3 ?

Also, do I get this right that modern flamethrower units do not bring any significant advantages against native life ? I noticed that they have a slightly better Psi-attack against mind worms and fungal towers(?), but most notably more modern flame thrower units get upped in :strength: which only helps them against regular military units.
Correct ?

Is there anyway I can edit the XML to allow me to start off as the Consciousness? :o
They look really cool but it won't let me start as them. >:

Is there anyway I can edit the XML to allow me to start off as the Consciousness? :o
They look really cool but it won't let me start as them. >:

From some notes I made a couple of years ago:

"To play the expansion Factions:

Start custom game in Expansion or SMAX era; all random.
Quit game to main menu.
Start a new game in Custom Game.
All Factions should now be available any era."

There may be an easier way (especially as my version is #13), but the above always works.

From some notes I made a couple of years ago:

"To play the expansion Factions:

Start custom game in Expansion or SMAX era; all random.
Quit game to main menu.
Start a new game in Custom Game.
All Factions should now be available any era."

There may be an easier way (especially as my version is #13), but the above always works.

<3 Thank you so very much good sir and or madam.

Patch 16c for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v16 file of Planetfall. Patch c breaks games started under the previous patches.

Patch b and c have been downloadable for a couple weeks already, but I never got around to announcing them.

Changelog:

Version 16 Patch c:

1. Reskin of the Rotor unit added for the Nanometal Armour spec ab version, by LunarMongoose.
2. Plasma Shard Rotor spec ab version added, by Premier Valle.
3. The Unity Bays can only be built on an Arrival era start game.
4. The AI values credits more in credits-for-tech/resources deals.
5. Plotgroups/trade routes can run through Ice upon research of Fluid Dynamics. Plotgroups can run through Sea Fungus upon research of Psionics. So Algaculture doesn't allow your plotgroups to cover all ocean terrain regardless of covering feature anymore.
6. Aquaformers can move through Ice.
7. Improvements can be built on Ice plots with bonus resources on them.
8. Movies assigned: Empath Guild movie to Dawn of Planet, Cloudbase Academy to Air Force Academy.

Version 16 Patch b

1. Factions following their trade partner's favourite civic will provide a trade route income bonus to both factions.
2. Building the Concordat and the Garden of Eden for the first time changes the Flowering Counter by respectively +5 and -5. Destroying the Concordat for the first time decreases the Flowering Counter by -10. The Concordat and the Voice holy city is removed when a faction with a Planet Attitude of -1 or lower which isn't following the Voice of Planet as state religion controls the city. The holy city then gets relocated to another Planet-friendly base. If the Concordat is captured and then immediately destroyed by conquest, the conqueror gains a Great Psych Chaplain.
3. Occasionally a barbarian Irregular submarine with Stealth, Scavenger and/or Commando promotions will spawn, to give Biodomed, Pirate and Spartan factions plausible deniability while pirating.
4. Diplomacy music added for Domai.
5. Base screen music added for the Consciousness, Cult and Drones.
6. Feature fix: thermobaric missiles destroy half the fungus around their target plot.
7. Interface: Factions' hated civic shows on the F4 Info tab.
8. Interface: # of features present in your territory shows on the F9 Statistics tab.

Do you only need to load Patch C to get all the updates?

Also, is there an alternative place to download this? My browser keeps getting errors when trying to connect to gamefront.
I use internet explorer.

Im still getting an error trying to connect to gamefront to get the patch.
Is there an alternative site to get this patch or is a certain browser required?
I currently use Internet Explorer.

Thanx for this great mod. I was always a big fan of SMAC and to feel the play experience in CIV4 again is awesome.

@Maniac I made many changes to the german translation and the look of resources. I would like to send this to you, so you can use them as needed in the next patch. Because I'm a new member, I can't use the pm or e-mail option, so it would be great when you could contact me.

Thanks for the offer, but Martin Santiago just offered me an updated translation as well. I'd prefer to use his for the simple reason Martin has been a member here a while longer, so the odds that he'll be here to do another update at some point in the future may be higher.

As for the look of resources, which are you talking about? Some of the bonus resources if you mean those still have vanilla nif graphics. Grenade Fruit uses corn for instance. But others have special art made by Lord Tirian.

Top Bottom