Planets and Asteroids (06/20/06)

At animations...
The length should not matter at they all do loop (in fact you can use animations of different length than those stated in the flow charts for units as well (especially Idle/Fidget animation). Only the combat animations have really specific length).

For improvements:
The eventcodes are 0 1 2 3. I don't remember right know which and what is good for what but i have posted it somewhere in this forum a while ago.

Edit Ah here it is.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4111295&postcount=7

Ill check if i find them for Bonusses in my notes somewhere.

Yay! Between Chalid and Rabbit we've got a great chance of seeing these in action. :)

Chalid said:
At animations...
The length should not matter at they all do loop (in fact you can use animations of different length than those stated in the flow charts for units as well (especially Idle/Fidget animation). Only the combat animations have really specific length).

For improvements:
The eventcodes are 0 1 2 3. I don't remember right know which and what is good for what but i have posted it somewhere in this forum a while ago.

Edit Ah here it is.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4111295&postcount=7

Ill check if i find them for Bonusses in my notes somewhere.
That's great. Small question though, what is the difference between off and not worked states?

Just discovered that these animations for planets do not loop! :mad:
So, either I'm missing something when I'm exporting them, or without proper bones and events and what not, it's impossible to make looping animations (which is fine for anything that should be resource, it needs those anyway, but I was hoping I could make animated buildings for cities).
I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Rabbit said:
Just discovered that these animations for planets do not loop! :mad:
So, either I'm missing something when I'm exporting them, or without proper bones and events and what not, it's impossible to make looping animations (which is fine for anything that should be resource, it needs those anyway, but I was hoping I could make animated buildings for cities).
I guess it's back to the drawing board.
What ? it seems, that the coastal surf is a looping animation, and e.g. the mine-animation to.. :hmm:

Vadus said:
What ? it seems, that the coastal surf is a looping animation, and e.g. the mine-animation to.. :hmm:
Different things. What I did was a bit simpler, for the lack of a better term, and apparanetly it doesn't work 100% as expected. Although it should, I think, because that's how the space elevator is done. That's why I hope I'm just missing something.

The looping animations without bones - no, I still don't know how to do that.

Planets, however, need bones anyway 'cause they need proper animation files to be used as features. I just need to find some time and re-do them with proper animations.

So, the download on the OP has animations, but is only usable as a building/wonder?

The animation doesn't restart if the object goes offscreen and onscreen again a while later?

I read something somewhere about the cause of non-looping animations, but my mind is mush.

Top Bottom