Planning for Christmas

Strider

In Retrospect
The Christmas Holidays are this coming term, and it's quite likely that most of us will be gone from home, or would prefer not to get on the computer with family over.

I think it would be a good idea to take a break near the end of this term, maybe the last week and a half of december? With alot of people gone because of the holidays, any polls or discussions can hardly be considered democratic, and aren't likely to get much attention anyway.

What does everyone else think?

Maybe a Christmas-day chat? :D (just kidding!)

Possibly. Maybe from Saturday, December 25 to December 31? That covers most of the 'festive' times...it depends on how many people will be away (yes, I will be away for a couple days - some days will have internet though).

Christmas has never stopped us before. I think that most will find enough time to take part in elections during the last week of December.

We do have a fair leader in Sir Donald III, so it is possible that he may take your proposal into consideration, Strider.

what is wrong with you people?!? I thought we outlawed having real lives in front of the demogame.... ;)

I know hopefully I would have a few dates on the holiday break, unless she heads up to Maine to ski.

And you must remember that not everyone celebrates Christmas. Myself, for example :D

Nobody said:
damn the jews and jahova witness will dominate the next election
Dont forget the Africans and the African Americans, thet celibrate Kwanza after the 25th IIRC ;).

Donovan Zoi said:
Christmas has never stopped us before. I think that most will find enough time to take part in elections during the last week of December.

I concur...

Well, I can bank on working on the 23rd, 24th, 30th, and 31st, and likely won't be up to chatting on the 25th, so there will likely be chats on the 22nd and ither the 27th or 29th depending on how I'm feeling. New Manager at work, however, so things can change...

I'm more concerned over elections. Perhaps bumping up the Noms period from the 21st through the 24th, having Christmas as an "off day", and starting the elections at 0000 GMT on the 26th (6 PM on the 25th CST.)

Works for me. I don't think we need to shut down at all really.

Black_Hole said:
what is wrong with you people?!? I thought we outlawed having real lives in front of the demogame.... ;)

We will soon have the need to enforce this law :)

Black_Hole said:
If we outlawed RL in the demogame, then I would not be dating and my grades would be slipping :p.

I think we should have a greatly extended nomination and election period for the end of December. I know for a fact that I will rarely be able to check the Demogame from about the 22nd to the 1st, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Extended the nomination and voting periods for elections will allow those--like myself--who will be participating in a reduced setting to still stay active for Term 6.

Top Bottom