Played Turns

turn 13 Map

Cyrus went straight East, and saw directly an open village 2 turns directly south of him on a hill. Xerxes saw the same, another open village due East of him, on another hill. In one turn, we found two open villages we can enter for techs, gold, maps, settlers or barbarians.

South of the Blast Range, we can see a small desert, abridging the range to a jungle. East of the Dark Forest SE of Dancing Banana, there is yet more grasslands. I will now post a discussion on tech strategy and on a strategy to deal with those huts.

Attachments

• MTDG013-TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    MTDG013-TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 160
Turn 14 Demographics (Turn Map Below)

Situation Report

Interestingly enough, the other teams stand at Population 3 in each their city, but Team Doughnut, last turn at Pop1 as well, and now they build the city, Shelbyville with population 1.

We do have the biggest population growth with size families, but have fallen to #4 in manufacturing, since got almost no shields. This is hidden by the fact we got a forest chop imminent in three turns. This also means, we get our settler in 3 turns time, or 4 turns from turn 14, in turn 18. This also means we can get a road or two southwards to the river site we are building our new city. I suggest a dense build, since we got slower units than the rest, as well as that I do not expect us to have many size 12 cities, but to economize in sharing valuable tiles. At this rate, our city will reach size 3 in Turn 15, size 1 in turn 18 with settler, size 2 in turn 19, size 3 Pop and down to size 1 again around turn 25-26, concluding my term with a garrison warrior for Dancing Banana. We logrush both settlers.

Next turn will be immensely exciting, as we reach Pop 3 in Dancing banana and we pop two villages at once with Cyrus and Xerxes.

Attachments

• MTDG014-TEAMTNTDEMO.JPG
    MTDG014-TEAMTNTDEMO.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 207
For your reference Map Turn 14

Rik Meleet has turned of unit renames, so I cannot rename any units. I will ask all of our team members to call Rik Meleet to change this back. We may need that to keep track of our units. We are reaching Pop3 next turn with no garrison in Emperor, so I amended lux slider to 20 % to be on the safe side. After all, the timeframe is key. As you can see, we are poised to strike at two goodie huts at once next turn, even though I would have rather settled by the Northern one and not popped it with warrior (2/3 of all warrior pops create barbarians, whereas building a city by a village only gives the advantages), but the majority yet wants Cyrus to pop it,unless there is a tie or the situation changes.
With a tie, I will break it.

Attachments

• MTDG014-TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    MTDG014-TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 151
Turn 15

The years following 3300 BC was as source of great celebration, Xerxes found a group of tribesmen at the conflux of Dyno River, that decided to join Irôn. Their more unfortunate brethren barbarians found by Cyrus, was to be annihilated, as Cyrus straddled the only defensible hill in the region.

We will now have 3 completed settlers by the end of turn 30, not two as originally planned. I would recommend to settle one tile directly NE of where the settler stands, to maximize the use of tiles and get the river. Hills and mountains in the West may also provide iron. I would like to name this city Dynopolis, if that is ok by you.

We are getting iron in 9 turns, possibly 6-7 turns now, slider at 90 % and we are minus one gold on the treasury per turn, the bigger reason to settle one tile away NE of the new settler.

Attachments

• MTDG015-TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    MTDG015-TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 146
Turn 16 MAp

Short on Demographics.

Iroqi increased in Demographics till 2
the others seems pretty stable. It may seem the Greeks could be building a Granary.
Celtic Pop has also seemed untouched for a while. Nothing really changed on the demographics, we still got the biggest families (they got no idea how bid :D) and high on the approval polls.

Military

Cyrus attacked a barbarian by him, killed barb and got promoted to Veteran. I see Immortal material in young cyrus. This also mean our anti-partisan war may be short indeed. Cyrus is following the escaped last barbarian Northeastwardsand explore for the East in the same instance, whereas Xerxes go on South. The delay to our expeditions was a mere 1-2 turns of police action. The settler about to found Dynopolis is now in position to settle, whereas the road to Carpetbomb is almost finished, so that the new settler almost got a red carpet to walk to Carpetbomb.

This means, we will have new cities next turn and in three turns. However, I will initiate nominations for all cities for Term Two.

Attachments

• MTDG016_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    MTDG016_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 137
Turn 17 Demographics

We have now settled Dynopolis, residing on the top five list, and we now got the largest land territory and largest mlitary with 10 years service. In short, we are about to move upwards, and little do they know we got one new city in 3 turns , Turn 20, (Carpetbomb) and another in six turns (Semtex). Turn 23.

Basically, I improved the already good 30 turn plan, with the lucky Dynopolis bonus city as an extra, by accelerating the settler production at the expense of worked tiles. Yet, with worked tiles, I mean tiles not providing roads to new cities. The fun part with our settler being built the same turn Dynopolis was built, is that the other teams suspect we are building a dense build around the capital, where we in fact are buiding a military road south. The key here is that all cities are located on the Westbank, in order to remove the river-crossing penalty in order to quickly supply the southern Frontier.
In the mapscreen score, the ranking is the following:

Iroqi 80
Celt 74
Greek 74
Persia 72

Yet, they do not know we own 4 cities in 6 turns time or so, so our growth will be indeed very accelerating.

At this point, we should let our cities grow till they are big enough to mass produce settlers, workers and military forces at a higher ratio, we are beyond the infant stage where instant growth was key.

I have the following vision for our free upkeep for our four core cities:

4X4 free upkeep

6 Workers
10 warriors

This means, we should have two warriors (Cyrus and Xerxes) scouting, with 8 warriors allowing our cities to produce more effectively, and 6 workers to develop our infrastructure in detail. I plan on having a worker team developing the roadnet, a 2 worker team developing infrastructure such as
irrigation and mining and the last 2-worker team to chop forests for logrushing.

Attachments

• MTDG017-Demographics.JPG
    MTDG017-Demographics.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 164
Turn 17 Map

I moved Cyrus to kill the last barbarian and Xerxes go on farther south to see who we share continent with. Worker Josephine Baker went to build road for future Semtex, and Banana Joe went to logrush the last settler this term.
Dynopolis was founded 3250 BC and Semtex is ready 3100, as we moved out our settler. I also suggest switching city names of Semtex and Dynopolis, for the sake of appropriation, now that I realized the present Dynopolis is at the conflux of two rivers, being in character. This has no impact on the game whatsoever, as we met no one, but would be nice to have for roleplaying reasons.

Attachments

• MTDG017MAP.JPG
    MTDG017MAP.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 160
Turn 18 Map

Nothing new, except for the following:

Iron Working in 7, possibly 6-5 turns

Xerxes found a new city spot bordering the jungle, building right on the top of an incense resource, extending the Via Zeus all the way from the stormy Ocean of Proliferation to the hot Incendiary Jungles. Thera are three oasises around, so this site is good.

Cyrus crushed the local barbarian rebellion

Banana Joe chops forest for new settler and Josephine Baker lays the road the settler will walk to its foundation of Semtex site.

Attachments

• MTDG018_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    MTDG018_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 147
New things this map

Xerxes expedition:

After discovering the Incense Oasis (Future named Fort Incendiary), Xerxes discovered a diamond deposit mid jungle by a mountain. I plan on placing a military outpost city here as part of the Via Zeus.

Cyrus expedition

All endless grasslands back east, some forests too

Iron Working:

5 turns, we will know of iron locations, turn 25, 2750 BC.

Settler:

Carpetbomb will be built next turn

Public works:

Via Zeus to Semtex complete in two turns, then build a mine or extend road
Forest by Dancing Banana chopping down

Ranking

We moved from #4 to #2
Next we will move from #2 to #1 when we get our two new cities up the next five turns

Iroq/Doughnut 88
Irôn/TNT 82
Celts/KISS 80
Greeks/MIA 78

Attachments

• MTDG019_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    MTDG019_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 132
Turn 20 Map

Iron Working in 4 turns

Cyrus found the delta of Thermo River far East with a sugarspot

Xerxes found two new gem resources in the middle of the Southern Jungle

Settler due in 5-4 turns

Road built towards Carpetbomb

Team TNT catching up on the point scale

Attachments

• MTDG20_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    MTDG20_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 126
Turn 21 done

I am not adding a screenie before we invent Iron Working in 3 turns (yes it is too much work at this stage). We already voted pottery as our next technology and we got buildqueues booked for some time. However, by turn 25-26 we will be strongest in terms of points, have the most cities and Xerxes would have reached the equator of our world.

Chance to meet someone will increase tremendously from turn 25 and onwards, which may coincide with the elections.

Main Map T22

We are getting settler in two turns, iron working in one turn, slider is at 90 % to accomodate for Dancing Banana luxury to reduce unrest, but still IW in 1 turn.
Road to Carpetbomb will be complete around the time the city reaches two inhabitants. Otherwise, we are building warriors for defense.

MAJOR CONTEST:

Can YOU guess where Irôn has an Iron resource next turn?
The Prize is Governorship of the city next to the iron.

Attachments

• MTDG022_TEAMTNTPREIRON.JPG
    MTDG022_TEAMTNTPREIRON.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 134
Turn 22 Demographics

We are now the 2nd largest population, ranks #2 in score behind Iroq with 1 point, got biggest area, strongest economy and highest production.

Attachments

• MTDG022_TEAMTNTDEMO.JPG
    MTDG022_TEAMTNTDEMO.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 116
Provo, is there any chance that you can convert some of the old 's to links to the pictures? It takes forever to load the newest pictures up with alot of the older ones having to load beforehand.

Sorry can't do.... Would take me forever. However, I can email you the screenies. But please PM me these requests and keep the played turns free.

Turn 23 Map

We found iron by the Thermo sugar delta back east.

We found iron by the hill straight northeast of Dancing Banana, by the whales, some 4-5 tiles away.

Two locations for new cities.

Cyrus found 3 barbarians.

Iron working secured, now on pottery.

We are still the leading economy of the world

AND WE ARE NOW #1 IN POINTS

Attachments

• MTDG023_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    MTDG023_TEAMTNTMAP.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 110
Turn 24, uneventful, explored some, completed a settler. started SoZ prebuild

Turn 25

Developments

Cyrus stands wounded on a hill, observing barbarians south of Thermo River and another barbarian horde in the SE tundra.

Xerxes (see map) found an oasis identical to the one on our side, with incense and three Oasis, and the Shahanshah suspects this to be the work of the Great Rik, the God of Irõn.

Pottery discovered in three turns

Semtex founded next turn

Carpetbomb gained one population

We fell slightly in rank, but we are getting a new city this very turn (26)

SoZ initiated, camouflaged as barracks prebuild

Attachments

• Turn25map.JPG
    Turn25map.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 97
Turn 26 Developments

2 turns left to Pottery, could move slider to 80 sci and still get 2 t

Semtex settled

Warrior in Dynopolis complete next round

Xerxes SE into southern oasis

Cyrus SE over iron river

Banana Joe to southern wheat to irrigate and road