Please add some sound to multiplayer chat

sam0t

Chieftain
Hello there

I realize this might be bit late to ask for new stuff but I think this could be added rather easily with a patch. My request is to add little "bling" sound or something like that into multiplayer when people write / chat.

Especially in later stages of the game there is too much to do and often important messages go totally unnoticed.

Pls firaxis hear my case :)

I second this.

I agree 100%. This MUST be moddable! ;)

I have typed too many instructions (to allies) and abuses (to enemies) that have gone unnoticed. It makes it a little too detached from the 'I'm playing people' aspect of multiplayer when you can't cordinate (or decieve) because they are focused on their 'turn'.

The only thing currently available, that I know of, is the 'ringing' sound when someone clicks on your name in MP. But that in no way notifies players when regular chats are sent. I whole heartedly support the audible notification! There should be three (slightly) different sounds for the three levels of chat (general, team, personal). (Perhaps have the sounds swapable with other .mp3 files of the players choice)

Iam glad other people want this too!

The moddable .mp3 file could be the answer, since its hard to find a beep sound that satisfyes all customers :)

Thanks for adding chat sound into the Civ4 multiplayer!

1.09 patch seems to have made multiplayer much more faster also.

Top Bottom