Please fix the Earth TSL map Firaxis

Japper007

Prince
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889677714

This was my start as Rome, the AI can't even place all it's cheat settlers because there are no legal tiles left in Europe after Poland, Spain and Germany settled their capitals on turn one.

Either increase the size of the Earth TSL or at least stop culturally linked civs from spawning in the same game!

Note: To avoid any confusion I'm not talking about the YNAMP mod map by the same name, which is excellent

EDIT image didn't work will try to fix asap (the image does work if you right click and "show in new tab" though)
EDIT EDIT just pasted the link should work now

Last edited:
i agree completely with you on culturally linked civs, that's why i always choose my opponents to avoid situations like that.

This map can be really great, especially for learning and understanding the game better if you are struggling to adapt to the gameplay changes after years of extensive civ 5 gaming and the constant resources help in that. As always, by learning i mean going through a trial and error process.

My suggestions for improving that map:
1. Increase the sizes of Europe and the islands around the continents in order to improve gameplay for island and maritime civs like England, Japan, Norway and Australia.
2. 12 random city states, instead of the same 12 ones. I feel strongly about this one because of the increased importance of city-states when comparing to Civ 5 and depending on which CS is near you or you are trying or have the possibility to become the Suzerain, it could potentially change the victory type you are chasing.

You could just pick your opponent civs to avoid this.

You could just pick your opponent civs to avoid this.

I don't like doing that, it kills every sense of exploration. If I cross the Atlantic I don't want to know who I'll encounter before getting there.
I also really don't like having to fiddle around with different settings just to make a map playable. I expect that for a mod, not for a mapscript that Firaxis makes..

I don't like doing that, it kills every sense of exploration. If I cross the Atlantic I don't want to know who I'll encounter before getting there.
I also really don't like having to fiddle around with different settings just to make a map playable. I expect that for a mod, not for a mapscript that Firaxis makes..
Due to the lack of civs currently, exploring the world, especially america is kind of bland. You'll only ever expect to find either America, Aztec, or Brazil. Also sometimes there is no-one there...

Top Bottom