Please make it possible to name your units!

Philips beard

Prince
This is a must! I want to be able to name my units names like: 5th Panzer Regiment or 21st Air Squadron! And my battleships will have names like Bismarck and Tirpitz! Would give your army a more personal feel! For instance you could name your battleship after your grandmother! :goodjob:

:king:

It might only be in multiplayer but I've seen screenshots in the MSDG with renamed units.

You do not need a patch you just need to turn on the advanced buttons
in the preferences ;) . I love to rename all my military vets. :cool:

dgfred said:
You do not need a patch you just need to turn on the advanced buttons
in the preferences ;) . I love to rename all my military vets. :cool:

Aha, great! I never use the advanced buttons you see! Great to know! But it really should be possible without this large, super menu below! ;)

Thanx people!

Thanx for the "Ctrl-N" tip! Prefer fast commands, instead of that Monster Menu!!!

Well I'm sure Firaxis will be happy to know that we do like something about their game :)

Exactly, I like to name my units once I get to the industrial/modern era, and send them out to conquer all those around. It makes it easier to look for units that are not just the generic name. I tend sometimes though, to name them after cities, like KMS Berlin and so on, rather than actual warships. I use U-1 for submarines for Germans and NU-1 for Nuclear Submarines. I wish though this isn't the correct thread that the infantry would merge with the paratrooper at Advanced Flight for the Civ4 and continue upgrading with mechanized infantry being a supporting technology, rather than the be-all and end all. Modern infantry do not only fight in vehicles.

Top Bottom