[POLL] At what difficulty do you play most of the time?

At what difficulty do you play most of the time?

• Settler

• Chieftain

• Warlord

• Prince

• King

• Emperor

• Immortal

• Deity

Results are only viewable after voting.

saamohod

Deity
Just wanna know how bad I'm doing compared to the average player of VP.

Multiple-choice poll.

wtf?
Why is it total 150%?

Attachments

• poll.PNG
    poll.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 222
Emperor but I play on Marathon game speed and I suspect that it makes it a bit easier.

Sometimes I put it up to Immortal or Deity and then play a very 'conducive' civ like Polynesia on Archipelago map, Iroquois on Rainforest, or Greece with a bunch of extra CS (with Unique CS mod, this combo is the most fun for me).

But I usually don't like too many wars because I think a big part of my enjoyment is the zen garden aspect of getting my cities just right and building as many wonders as I can. That's the whole thing for me, I like building tons of wonders

For me, King is way too easy, and Emperor is way too hard.

I have never lost the space race in King, only sometimes I lose in Diplomacy because AI's vote for each other.

Emperor I can't even take more than 1 city from the AI, and it takes 2 turns of 3 composite bowmen to kill 1 swordsman which is ridiculous when they can kill 1 bowmen with 2 swordsmen.

That's the whole thing for me, I like building tons of wonders
Me too. But I can't win a game where AI has noticeable bonuses without waging a war of conquest every now and then.

For me, King is way too easy, and Emperor is way too hard.

I have never lost the space race in King, only sometimes I lose in Diplomacy because AI's vote for each other.

Emperor I can't even take more than 1 city from the AI, and it takes 2 turns of 3 composite bowmen to kill 1 swordsman which is ridiculous when they can kill 1 bowmen with 2 swordsmen.
Maybe I misunderstood you, but your units fight AI on equal footings. The difference is in the quantity of units the AI can churn out and support.

Maybe I misunderstood you, but your units fight AI on equal footings. The difference is in the quantity of units the AI can churn out and support.
I would like to see an experiment conducted with this, because with me and the AI having the same units I always lose, big.

Immortal feels pretty balanced to me, AI get 1 free promotion, which makes up a bit for humans being smarter. 2 free promos on deity is just too tough for me wars become such a grind I cant watch a show on the side haha.
Sometimes you get AI runaways like ethiopia or china and just cant catchup, but i guess that can happen on any difficulty if they get a great start far from the human.

I would like to see an experiment conducted with this, because with me and the AI having the same units I always lose, big.
The only difference should be that on higher difficulties, AI gets more XP ==> they appear stronger in the early game, when your own units are still green. But I am a very boring person, I've kept playing on Emperor level exclusively for years, that's the level I enjoy most, so I can't really compare with other settings :)

I had to take a break from Civ for a couple of months, so I started a King game now.

AI units get more promotions on higher difficulty levels.
Yes, I mentioned it in my next comment. This must be the reason why @Slyceth felt the AI units were stronger. But I think they don't get THAT many extra promotions on Emperor, or do they?

But I think they don't get THAT many extra promotions on Emperor, or do they?

Free XP given to new units, modified by game speed..... 0.. 5... 10.. 15.. 20.. 20.. 25... 30
Extra XP earned from combat (%) .................................. 0.. 10.. 25.. 33.. 50.. 66.. 75.. 100

https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/AI_and_Difficulty

Emperor is the third column from the right.

Dont humans get massive war monger penalties which boosts the AI units, or did that get changed?

Dont humans get massive war monger penalties which boosts the AI units, or did that get changed?

This got changed, it is now pretty hard to get a war monger penalty that has any real effect.

This got changed, it is now pretty hard to get a war monger penalty that has any real effect.
I still feel the warmonger penalties quite a bit, to be honest. Especially if you conquer any capitals. You might be able to wipe out one civ pre-renaissance if things go well, but any sort of meaningful conquest beyond that feels impossible without passing way past the limit. That being said, this is not a human-specific thing, so humans can also benefit from it when fighting against the AI.

Top Bottom