Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This poll is to determine the type of government for which we should acquire the necessary techs. It is NOT to determine the actual government type we switch to, nor the timing of the switch. Those decisions will need to be made using information current at the time.

This poll will remain open for 48 hours.

For reference from the current research point, Monarchy requires Polytheism, and Republic requires Code of Laws and Philosophy.

Relevant discussion threads
Government Type discussion
Science discussion
Literature GPT deals

Since we seem to be on a path to war, I believe we would best be suited for Monarchy. Also, I don't believe we have the necessary infrastructure in place to enjoy the benefits of a Republic at this time.

While I would usually concur that science research should progress without regard to government type, I would have to make an exception when it comes to getting ourselves out of Despotism.

I agree with the President.

I voted for republic. I think some of the techs needed may be available via trade. Also, it will take some time before we actually get a new government tech and even more time to change governments. We can be ready for republic when we get the tech - it we plan accordingly now!

Wars can be fought as a republic. We would be better off doing so than spending a great deal of time using all our energy and resources to fight a long war with Egypt under despotism!

"Since we seem to be on a path to war" sounds like a typical reason for monarchy. But I do notice that noone seems to want to aim for a domination or conquest victory. I am not seeing the evidence that we are committed to a string of protracted wars. Put me down for republic.

You are correct that we are most likely not going the route of Conquest/Domination. However, early conquest lays a great foundation for peaceful victory options as well.

This is what I meant in my post. We seem to be on an immediate path to war, which is best fought under Monarchy. Plus, I don't believe we have all the proper tools in place to enjoy a Republic at this time. Not to mention, we will immediately have to pay gpt for all of our units(35-40 units right now IIRC) under a Republic.

I usually like to take the Monarchy to Democracy path, as that gives us time to have the proper things in place(markets, harbors etc) in our cities, and in several cities that once belonged to someone else. ;)

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
While I would usually concur that science research should progress without regard to government type, I would have to make an exception when it comes to getting ourselves out of Despotism. [/B]
Absolutely correct. We need a modern goverment as soon as possible.

But, given that switching governments is something I only like to do once per came, I will advocate becoming a Republic.

Feodor Ardent
Common Citizen . . . or as common as an immortal citizen can be.

:sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

Error: The Catholic Republican wanted a Republic not an abstain. Mouse slipping detected.

In other words, I wanted to vote Republic, but the mouse slipped and it picked abstain.

Oh no, we are going to slip into Monarchy :eek:

Top Bottom