(POLL) In which difficulty level do you find the balance between enjoyable and challenging?

In which difficulty level do you find the balance between enjoyable and challenging?

• Prince

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • King

Votes: 75 24.7%
  • Emperor

Votes: 124 40.8%
  • Immortal

Votes: 54 17.8%
  • Deity

Votes: 22 7.2%

• Total voters
I did change my vote to King. I still like Prince to do crazy stuff, but it really doesn't challenge me at all. I still don't use optimal strategies to go any higher I think. I still don't "pre-plop" my districts to lock in lower costs. I need to get better at planning my cities before they are even built. I tend to be more reactive instead of proactive. I often just like to go with the flow of the game and change things willy nilly. And same thing with the chop strategy outlined in the trade routes thread, I'm not optimizing chops nearly as well as I should.

Im actually playing my first immortal game at present and loaded it in my favour (tsl earth, australia)

Too early to see if its winnable without stealing settlers etc, the main difference is i lost the petra race! (i was due to complete on turn 74, it went at turn 69!!!!!!!!)

Still- it is more enjoyable knowing i might actually lose.

Still- it is more enjoyable knowing i might actually lose.
Yeah, I agree that it is more interesting to play if you are not sure 100% you'll win. I have recently finished a game with France on Immortal, small continents map, to win a culture victory. And I must admit it was a close run with Russia! I played peacefully and my spies helped me a lot at first to steal great works from Russia and then to sabotage spaceports of Indonesia and India which were close to winning. First I wanted to restart on around turn 70 because I failed to found a religion, but rose to the challenge and decided to try to win under these circumstances. I was lucky that no civ converted more than 2 civs to their religion, otherwise I could have done almost nothing to stop a religious victory.
So you mean you can't lose on Emperor?)

I was curious to see what the poll results were. Unfortunately, I had to vote just to see them. So, there is an extra "King" vote.
Sort of important, since I have never played Civ6, or Civ5 for that matter.
If others have done this, then the vote results may not be so accurate.

As will be your assessment of the vote.:queen:
You left out the beginning part of my quote, "If others have done this,".
I am not denouncing those who voted their opinion fairly.
My comment was just an afterthought of trying to see the voting results.
I was thinking of my preferred level on Civ4 which is somewhere around Monarch/Emperor. I could have just as easily have selected Deity.
Which means there could possibly others that did just choose any entry at random. Hopefully not too many though. Probably still close enough to be a good estimate.

Well, that's why requiring a vote to see results isn't a good system.

You left out the beginning part of my quote, "If others have done this,".
I did finish with a smile...but I was honestly wondering the value about seeing the results when you have not played the game... but with no malice, just a neutral thought I had.

I was curious to see what the poll results were. Unfortunately, I had to vote just to see them. So, there is an extra "King" vote.
Sort of important, since I have never played Civ6, or Civ5 for that matter.
If others have done this, then the vote results may not be so accurate.
I have just allowed the results to be viewed without voting. For those like you. The reason for the previous setting was I wanted to urge more people to vote in order to see the results.

I did finish with a smile...but I was honestly wondering the value about seeing the results when you have not played the game... but with no malice, just a neutral thought I had.
No problem.
I have stuck with Civ4, especially the Realism Invictus mod, for years now. I skipped Civ5 because it went 1UPT, removed transports and other issues many have made in the past. No need to rehash it. I have been hopeful about Civ6. So, I read and view posts to see if will be good enough to get. There is usually that point where one can accept the game, the 'pluses are greater than the minuses', kind of thing.
I like some of the changes. I don't like the money grab feel the game came with, around $100 for all the goodies. I'm used to getting the $19.99 Gold or Complete versions. Still too early for that. I will probably be reading more for another year. Selling Empires for extra cash and not just selling a complete game, just seems wrong. Though that seems to be where we are headed in other games as well. ;(

Top Bottom