POLL: Is there interest in a Transformers mod?

What level of interest is there in helping with a G1 Transformers mod/mod project?

• Not my thing, but could help with SDK and stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not my thing, but could help with Python and stuff

• I love TFs and would help with storylines or ideas

• Meh, I might check it out when it's finished.

• Total voters
I have been working on Transformers mods in my spare time for several years. I abandoned CIV3 for BtS modding and I feel that there is significant momentum with what I have been doing this past year or so. I would like to gauge the interest on this forum and see what assistance/volunteers there may be to make this into a project with it's own forum.

I am currently working as a modmod of Orbis, itself a modmod of the amazing Fall from Heaven II. I plan to incorporate elements from Three Kingdoms, RevolutionDCM, Planetfall, Star Trek, and to add some of the great mod component by The Lopez, Asaf, Grey Fox, etc. I have a lot of free time coming up and wanted to get the ball rolling with the merging of components as I have only been working on reskins, XML stuff and research, research, research lately. I plan on dealing with G1 continuity and characters based on cartoon and comics. There is a chance that I will eventually add GI Joe and Cobra civilizations in the future. I have attached some screenshots to get people excited. Please also visit my Transformer's reskin thread featuring Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Blitzwing, etc. The link is in my sig.

Please read the polling options and make your selection. [EDIT: Try to pick just one or two of the choices, but more if you think you can] Any comments or questions in the thread would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Combaticons.jpg
    Combaticons.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Title_84.jpg
    Title_84.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 96
  • MTMTE_85.jpg
    MTMTE_85.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Civ4ScreenShot0193.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0193.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Civ4ScreenShot0213.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0213.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 106
Sounds interesting (but i can't pick a choice in the poll; i'm not really interested in Transformers, can't help in any way, but i like to see interesting projects here :)).

The main thing to ask here: How do you intend to incorporate the "transformation" from cars, planes to robots? I think that's the main part an user would like to see, and i'm not sure if there's a good way to do it.

Sounds like you would pick the second last option then.

Basically, the unit casts a spell to change to their alt mode. There have been some sweet Civ3 transforming units over the years, but I don't think that it is ultimately necessary to have any transforming animations. The sound effect is there for the transformation though. Things may change in the future - the mod may transform :lol: - perhaps some animations for some special attacks or for the spell, but for now this is not the major aspect.

Being more character driven, the mod will be flavoured with the personalities of the characters and will highlight the strengths and weaknesses of the different characters. The Tech Specs numbers from the toy help determine most of the unit strengths, abilities and weaknesses, while every attempt is made to give the units their individuality.

Top Bottom