• 55-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60 - i spend my pension money on civ the minute it hits the shelves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
26 on Monday.

I can remember actually calling the MicroProse hotline for help while playing CivI (guessing around 9-10ish). I had only played the game for a week and needed some assistance. My Dad loved the phone bill :)

24 here, sure is encouraging to see older players, especially when people accuse you of playing "video games" I always say this aint no Mario Bros.

I'm turning 19 today. ^_^

Started with civnet, whenever that came out, 1992?

Born and raised gamer, I was on my dad's knee watching him play...

28 Started with Civ 1 on the Amiga somewhere around when it came out 91 92ish.

I actually started with Civ III... don't remember where the recommendation came from to play but I was hooked... now I"m 29...

I am 24. Have played the game since 1995, when I got Civ I for Windows on 6 diskettes. Have enjoyed the ride since.

31 and got started with Alpha Centauri. When Civ3 came out I bought it up hoping it would satisfy my need for more Alpha Centauri content. Boy was I surprised to find that I liked Civ3 even more than Alpha Centauri. My only regret is that I never stumbled on to turn based strategy games sooner, specifically one of the earlier Civ games.... As far as I'm concerned the Sid Meier TBS games are the best games ever made. No other gaming series keeps my interest like the Civ series.

-teck

I can't believe how young most of the Civ players are on this forum! I've tried repeatedly to get my kids (21, 19 & 15yrs) to play ever since I first played the Playstation version, on their play station, about 5 years ago, but they just laugh at the idea! I'm now 41!

We already have a poll like this. Anyway, polls give you direct results and not merely a list of posts with numbers in them.

I'm one of the youngins (relatively speaking) - 25. Political science and international affairs major - you could say Civ has somewhat inspired me.

One of my friends who had the same major but a different college was lucky enough to be able to take a course based on Civ 2. Wanker.

38 and a Poly Sci major. Started playing Civ 2 and was totally mesmerized by it.

When users register they are asked their birthday. It would be interesting to know if the mods have any average age data from that available that they could share with us. I strongly suspect the average civ player is both older and more educated than the game player community at large. ;)

I started watching over my brothers shoulder and 'playing' (to a very low degree of success) with civ1 when I was about 5. The game expanded my young vocabulary through that and civ2...not many others my age new the word 'Tenochtitlan' lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom