Poll: Next Firaxis project (Ranked Choice Poll)

Have you tried Galactic Civilizations? That's basically what it is; it's a fun game. Not quite as good as Civ, but worth getting if strategy is your genre.

Yes I own them all, and that's not the realism that I want. I want 'consulted with space agencies' type realism, not cutesy space aliens.

Our Space Agencies however only have an incredibly limited technology level that is hard pressed to get out of our solar system or take a man to the moon little alone Galactic conquest.

Hey all, just when I was about to give up on thevotingsite.com, the ballots seem to have been entered, I guess the webmaster fixed it.

I've entered the votes posted on the forum. The webmaster seems to have put a little work into the site, so the registration has been fixed. Doesn't require email address

I'm surprised to say that currently Civilization leads, with SMAC and Something New following. There aren't a ton of votes (8), so it's all pretty close.

SMAC; Something New; Civ5. In that order please. We're going to get Civ5 later this year anyway (confident prediction), SMAC is unlikely because of the EA rights ownership. However, we can hope.

Excellent, that's ten votes now. SMAC is in the lead with Civ following.

Our Space Agencies however only have an incredibly limited technology level that is hard pressed to get out of our solar system or take a man to the moon little alone Galactic conquest.

The goal would be solar system colonization. Obviously some of the game would be speculative, in the realm of believable science-fiction (e.g. solar sails, cybernetics, ion drives, fusion power, expert AI, think Arthur C. Clarke ). Just no magic-like technology (e.g. warp-drive/space-folding, no Star Trek). Possibly there is life on Mars/Europa, but no klingon/cylon rip-offs.
One government Earth would be a possible play option (easy mode), but factional Earth would be as well, including the potential for wars.

Top Bottom