Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Sun Tzu's art of war

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Lenardo's Workshop

Votes: 32 36.0%

• Total voters
Pyramids, absolutely.

I only build them if I get a SGL, but I never build Sun Tzu's or Leo's

Leo's is good. Probably saves more than the Collossus makes.
But pyramids are much better

Sun Tzu's, then Leo's, then Pyramids. Both are good, but the Pyramids are too early and one has better things to build, and the AI almost always beats you to it, plus the early growth could hamper you by having useless entertainers take care of the happiness problems you have with cities growing faster. It's usefullness appears later in the game. Sun Tzu's, on the other hand, provides a much better building, is at a stage in the game, where you're more likely to be able to devote time to it, and if you fail you might be able to cascade into Leo's, which is a very nice moneysaver. If you get both then you can immediately upgrade all your defenders and wage wars quite nicely

yeah, pyramids come early but in panangea if you have them, you will never regret it. Leo is good, but sometimes you do not have SO much military to be a problem and Sun is absolutely wothless for me.

I voted for Sun Tzu's. I'd rather have barracks in each city than a granary later in the game. I only consider later in the game because I never build wonders, I only capture them. So by the time I capture the Pyramids they aren't so useful. If my neighbor builds Sun Tzu it's a pleasant surprise.

Pyramids, I can easily build barracks in all my cities, but Leo's WS was a close second. ;)

Leo's. The Pyramids makes grainaries, which you can build yourself. Sun Tzu makes barracks, which you can build yourself. There is NOTHING that will halve the cost of upgrades other than Leo's.

Leo's. By the time Sun Tzu's becomes available, I already have barracks in most of my cities (probably too many of them), and I love the cheaper upgrades to keep my military current. I never bother with the Pyramids and usually only build a couple of granaries.

The Pyramids can give you a huge edge in expansion. I love Leonardo's too, but if I had to pick one advantage it would be to get more settlers and workers.

Voted Pyramids. The earlier you get them, the more valuable they are. But even in a later stage of the game I would prefer them. Leo´s and Sun Tzu basically increase your money only, although between the two, I would choose Sun Tzu.

Pyramid is the best -> More people sooner has a huge snowball effect. More people means more shields and more money. I never produce it, but it is the priority to capture

Sun Tzu is also great for conquest. Once you capture the city, you leave your units for healing and reduce resistance. Within a turn they are ready to fight again. All your units stay on the battle front. You might rush build barracks but it is costly...

Leo is good but when you have it, you have already upgraded your anciant aghe units (costly upgrade), the next upgrade is cheaper.

Pyramids are good if you're doing a builder strategy and so can get it before the AI.

Sun Tzu's is good for a military guy who is building Barracks everywhere.

Hence I voted Leos, as it benefits both an attacker's offensive units, and a builder's defensive units.

I don't get any of them. I hear about Sun's before I can get into that age. If I was to play where I could get any of them, it woudl go for Sun's first then Leo.

Well presuming it was either a contient or pangea, otherwise I would only go for Leo.

I would like to get that free barracks as soon as I capture or build that frontline town. It would also save me having to move troops around to get upgraded and the maint for barracks.

It's pretty obvious that this poll will depend tremendously on how people like to play and on what level they play at. Pyramids are great, but you can never afford to build them on a reasonably high level without an SGL. Sun Tzu's is tremendous when you want a fast domination victory on a Pang map, but does little for builders. I voted Leo's just because it's the most flexible. Unless you're playing a 5CC or some other variant with minimal military, Leo's will save you thousands of gold over the course of the game. And that's great no matter how you play.

Top Bottom